Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
+10... Precisely why I gave up riding sport bikes, after 20 some years of comuting on them... I got tired of being pulled over about every 2 weeks on average, for no reason other than harassment.

Now-a-days, on the wing, I have yet to be pulled over even once in the past 7yrs/200k miles of riding it... the local CHP motorcyclist even waves to me every morning as he passes, go figure!!!
I guess it might be that way in highly populated areas. I can certainly see it in California, although that hasn't been my experience. Come to think of it, I've only ever been pulled over once on a motorcycle. And, that wasn't a sportbike. That being said, I have had cops follow me around on occasion until they got bored. (Indianapolis, the State Police in particular)

When I was in L.A. I was passed by several CHP motorcycles that were lane splitting at over 70 mph. They just waved as they went by.

The funny thing about the one time I was pulled over on a bike is it happened in Mahomet (a small town near Champaign), and they pulled me over to do a sobriety check. Considering the fact that I've always been pretty much a non-drinker that was very funny to me. I laughed about it, and the cop took it the wrong way... But, I wasn't doing anything wrong, so he had to let me go.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.