Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, today it was Spring in the Kittitas Valley, Washington State.... It was winter a day or so ago, and it may be winter tomorrow, but today it was Spring! 45 degrees and the bright sunshine.....!

Ipulled the KLR battery off it's tender, and bolted it in..... the ugly ol' KLRcame to lifeat the second button push! Sounds like it never wintered up! Got all dressed and went out on my usual fifty miler along the upper Yakima river, the first ride I take in the new season and the last ride I do in fall...... first ride since December 15, 2008.... and it felt damn good!

Yes, it was Spring today, and it may be winter tomorrow....

and I am old, but my heart was young today.....

Gad, I love to ride.

Get our there, friends, and ride like your life depends upon it! Because in my case it surely does......!

Ride, ride, ride, ride.......

Ride for those who can't....

Ride for those afflicted, those in desperate need.... and help them if you can....

Ride foryour Honored Soldier Dead,their young faces and bright laughter still haunting your nights, after all these years.....

Ride for your father, who may have ridden a '51 Panhead Harley when you were a child....

Ride for those now gone, those who rode these roads before you....

Ride for all the riders to come, for those yet unborn....

Ride for The Glory of God, He From Whom All Blessings Flow, for your riding is a true Heavenly Blessing, make no mistake..... Ride, and thank Him for riding....

Ride for the windin your face and joy in your soul.......

Ride because you can!

(sorry, folks, get carried away, I do..... but...Gad, did I mention that I love to ride?)

:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

funny you should forget to mention that------ride on .

·
Administrator
26,561 Posts
imported post

Ditto, I rode last weekend, a lot. Put 702 miles on the bike.
I did thank the Lord, out loud as I rode through the wonders of this world. Went to North Arkansas where the recent ice storm had devastated the forests and the power lines. A real mess, miles and miles of broken and fallen trees. Power lines laying across the roads everywhere, thousands of poles snapped off. It looked like tornadoes had been over the whole area. But I enjoyed myself as much as a man can.
Ride long and often as you can, we won't be here forever.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Dang it CJ,,,,,,,,,,,,, don't make me go out and buy a beater bike for these early thaws. It's in the low 20's right now and only going to be in the teens the next couple days,,,,,,,,,,, but then turn above average ,,,,,, mid 40's.

Of course the first thing I think of is maybe I can ride. But these roads are real messy for a while after the snow is gone. Not what I want to put the wing through.

But a good beater bike would be the ticket.

Hmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,, Dang you CJ:headbanger:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

CJ, Gina told me to pass on to you the message that because you could ride today, and she cannot for awhile, you're a t**d. :cheeky1: Then again, she called me that the other day when I rode out to the pet store to collect some feeder mice and she couldn't go along, so you're in good company. ;)

Personally, my thoughts are GOOD ON YA! Nothing better than feeling that fresh, crisp, clean early spring air on your cheeks and expanding your lungs!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
feeder mice and she couldn't go along, so you're in good company. ;)
Oh Mike, I'm sorry to hear you're living on mice, couldn't you find a nice bit of fresh roadkill?:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Going to get warm, in 40s this weekend but roads are a mess. Snowed yesterday and last night. Have 4 inches to clear off truck before heading to work. I start at 6AM. But when I can I will ride long and often.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Feeder mice can mean only two things. He has to catch something in the traps he has set or to feed the "pet" snake he has in the house.
I rode to work yesterday. First time in two weeks here in the Fort Worth area. Its been to wet and nasty and the temps dipped well below freezing to even consider riding until
yesterday.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

You got it TXRL, gotta' feed the pet snake.

Goofy thing won't eat anything but pure white mice. Throw a brown one, or one with even a brown spot on it in there, and all he'll do is look at it like it's some kind of alien being.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

CJ....You hit the nail on the head !!

Every reason you listed for riding IS the reason WE ride....Including just for the sheer FUN & enjoyment in doing it. :clapper:

This morning it is 22* with wind chill of 10*, here in Sumter, SC (spring time weather for a lot of folks)and it is snowing pretty hard. Not expecting any accumulation. :(

BUT...this weekend......oooo-la-la...expecting sunshine and low 60s :jumper:

LOOK OUT HI-WAY WE GONNA BURN YOU UP !!!!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::12ltblue::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Ride Safe...Ride Strong !

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

OHhhh CRAP...now look.....WHERE IS THIS MULTI-POSTING GREMLIN COMING FROM ?!

After I post, I go back and re-read what I've entered and all I see is 1 post...then after I leave and come back....there's 2...or in this case 3.

Whas up wit dat ?????? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:tongue::tongue::arguing::fighting::headbanger::alco::shock:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

I took a short ride the other day, it was in the mid 20's, but this weekend......high 50's. Looks like a heatwave.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
You got it TXRL, gotta' feed the pet snake.

Goofy thing won't eat anything but pure white mice. Throw a brown one, or one with even a brown spot on it in there, and all he'll do is look at it like it's some kind of alien being.
Omigawd, my kid was once a snake!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

CJ you did it again, love your stuff, Looks like mid 60's this weekend, mayb a nice ride if nothing else happens.

Ritchie & Lyn :action::action:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

There was winter? You had to stop riding? :shock:

Sorry, I had to rub it it a little, that's one nice thing about Texas! :action:

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

Good one for you Jack! I was able to get out for little on sunday, (37f) before the superbowl. Old girl fired right up. This morning it's -14f and daughters explorer needs a new alternator. Friday looks to be around 50f!! I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
imported post

It's hard reading about all you that have a chance to Ride, Here in Wisconsin it's 9F today, BUT HEY IT"S SUNNY! might get to 40F this weekend, Can't Wait for summer!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.