Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got home from work today and it was 61*F. Pulled the seat and other parts to get to the antifreeze steam/leak problem. Tightened up the clamp at the cap housing and let it run for a bit. Problem solved. Got about two hours of riding in tonight-excellent-I really needed it!

I gotta tell ya, if you have that infamous hesitation the earlier 15's have, do the trigger wheel. It's a rocket now!:action: It was sooo smooth and not having to worry about that nasty hesitation I even got to drag the floor board tonight!! I use to be too worried and focused on that lull and surge to enjoy riding throughthe twisties.

I'll say it again. Thanks to this forum and the info learned here, I had no hesitation to replace the belts and install the trigger wheel. Thank you.

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Well, I already did the belts this winter. I have heard of the Triger Wheel but don't know enough about it.

Where does it go,,,,,,,,, on the crank???? And what is involved with keeping it in time? You also mentioned good for the older 1500's. Is it NOT a good idea for a '97 and up?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Nope, don't do it on the 90 and later models.
Mother Honda fixed it.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Thanks John,,,,, (hope you don't mind me calling you by first name) I appreciate your quick reply.

I didn't think I needed it anyway,,,,,, she runs just fine as she is :action:

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hey Winger,

John's right (if I can call you John) about the later 15's. I believe it was 88-89 models that had the problem. It stumbled just at the crack of the throttle that would drive you nuts as you rolled through at low speeds but would catch up quickly. Gave you a little whip lash.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

I stuck a4 degree trigger wheel in my 2003 Valk and am very happy with the results.

( the wheel is used to advance the ignition timing for those of you that didn't know)

EDIT: I changed my post, my bike now has the 4 degree in it.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Haven't noticed any issues with my 84, is this something I should look at before spirng?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

Winger77,

I don't mind using my first name, I like to get to know my friends ;)

When I really git upset is when folks try to use the generic nickname of "johneeeeee" when they know it pisses me off.

That is a guaranteed way to get on my "who are you" list.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Hey "HogansWing" it was really nice yesterday wasn't it, seems you and I shared this early spring thaw.

Had to ride into work again today.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

I'll take a double order of that weather - we are heading for 33 below tonight :(. However - first ride in 30 days :action:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I wish I shared your optimism mate, and it is still too cold to even think about fitting my new bling.

It's passing -31C right now, brrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

Rick G wrote:
Hey "HogansWing" it was really nice yesterday wasn't it, seems you and I shared this early spring thaw.

Had to ride into work again today.
Warm enough yesterday and even warmer today. Now I need the 2 inches of salt cleaned off the roads.:(

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

English Bob wrote:
I wish I shared your optimism mate, and it is still too cold to even think about fitting my new bling.

It's passing -31C right now, brrrrrrrrrrrrr
What bling did ya get EB? I've got your filter wrench sitting on the kitchen table - maybe it's time for a coffee at Timmies?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

It's 70 some odd degrees here in N Mississippi this morning and it's raining.
The Bradford pear tree in my front yard has budded out and the weeds in my yard are thriving but the weather man is calling for cold weather coming in on Saturday with rain changing to snow.

Come on spring!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.