Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been told that my springs (shown below) may need to be replaced on my carbs on my bike. It may be responsible for not accurately setting the sync on them. OR when they are put into sync that they do not stay that way for long.

I was told (although I did not check) that Honda does not carry them anymore. Does anyone know a 3rd party vendor that may sell them?

If not,would there be a spring Guru out there that would know the compression weight of this spring? I would assume that the higher the better and was told that it was around 5-6 pounds.

Tim.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

Who ever told you that? All the springs do is keep the slop out of the system. Worst case if one of them has been severely over tightened you may want to re-stretch it. Other wise you could go to a good parts store and find a spring that is pretty close and replace all of them.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

You do realise that they are assembled wrongly if you are using them as shown in your picture?

The two washers should be next to each other and the fork of the other carb goes between the washers.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Oh, I make no claim of having things done "properly"!

hahahaha :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.