Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi. My GL1200, got a good soaking from a car going through a flood today. Caused it to run on 2 & 3 cylinders for a while & then everthing seemed to dry out & all systems were OK. Parked up for a couple of Hours & tried to start it, but the Spyball Alarm keeps sounding & it wont let me disable the immobiliser.

I have left the bike to hopefully "Dry Out", but if that fails, does anyone have any ideas, or how easy is it to remove the whole alarm system ?:(

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

Those spyballs are not easy to take out. I had one ina GL1200 and wanted to put it into my 1800 but all the alarm wires are black (to fil thieves) and I didn't know which was which. The main wires that kill the ignition were spliced into the coil wires soat least I could bypass the alarm that way. Spyball makeit like this so you have to get the dealer to sort it.

Try spraying the whole alarm unit withwd40, that will probably dispel any dampness still in the thing. Usually works.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well I spayed the whole thing with WD40, damp start, wet start & every other water disperesing fluid known to man. Would it start, would it heck. Eventually re-aligned the remote key & it started first time :D. Must have been the wet that caused the problem in the first place however.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote:
Those spyballs are not easy to take out. I had one ina GL1200 and wanted to put it into my 1800 but all the alarm wires are black (to fil thieves) and I didn't know which was which. The main wires that kill the ignition were spliced into the coil wires soat least I could bypass the alarm that way...
I hope its not that easy Reddy, I spent 400 Euros on a Spyball a few years ago and would feel hard done by if it only takes pulling wires off the coils to disable it. Although I suppose to get at those coil wires you need to remove the seat,dummy tank & airbox and I can't see the average scumbag havint either the brains, time or inclination to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.