Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Helllo all. feel kinda bad asking for advice all the time and not being able to help much, but i guess i will learn eventually, i have a 84 1200 A. back brakes squeak something fierce. good pads. plenty left. everthing i have tried only works for a little while. also if anybody can point me in the direction of a squeaking speedo cable thread i would appreciate it, or if there is a cure for it before its goes out.?have a great holiday to all,, Hammer

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

There was a thread about this only yesterday. Do a search for it, bottom line is that blowing out the brake dust and putting copper grease on the back of the pads will stop the squealing.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Budegan is right, thread about brakes yesterday!

Most likely will have to spray some silcone between the pad and caliper? first make sur it's not your rotors, i rub them with a "Scotch Pad" and hit them with break cleaner?

You probably need a new "Speedo Cable" if it's a squeek? A "grind noise" would be a "Speedo Drive" unit! Don't spray any WD into the Speedo Head/face it will ruin it ! " JCWhitney's" cables are very good and cheap !

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

For squeaking speedo cable you can try pulling the cable out, cleaning and relubing with some graphite grease. If the speedo needle isn't jumping around at low speed the cable probably will last a good bit longer.

Your local car parts store has anti-squeal compound you can put on the back of the pads where they contact the caliper piston, it seems to last longer on my car than regular hi-temp grease. Wouldn't hurt to clean the pads and rotors as wingdawg mentioned either.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

hammer wrote:
Helllo all. feel kinda bad asking for advice all the time and not being able to help much, but i guess i will learn eventually, i have a 84 1200 A. back brakes squeak something fierce. good pads. plenty left. everthing i have tried only works for a little while. also if anybody can point me in the direction of a squeaking speedo cable thread i would appreciate it, or if there is a cure for it before its goes out.?have a great holiday to all,, Hammer
I see in your post "1200 A" The 1200 Aspencade does not have a speedo cable, it has a electronic pickup mounted to gear on the wheel. The gear may need a little grease and the pick up cost a little over $100.00 from Honda....Gary

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

thanks to all for the advice, you may have created a monster with me turning wrenches, its a dangerous thing im telling you lol, thanks again Hammer

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

You taught me something gb45, thanks!:clapper:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.