Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

Diego here. My new (to me) '82 interstate has a fairly annoying front brake squeak. Last time I owned a 'wing was around 1994, and cannot recall how to eliminate the squeak. Only happens when I apply the brake, not when driving, FYI. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BTW - what is "mana"??

Diego

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet,:waving::waving:

Best thing I can recommend is take off the pads, sand them clean and flat, put a little anti-squeal compoundor high temp grease on the back of the pad, clean off the rotor with acetone, or brake cleaner and reassemble. Make sure the caliper is free to move and not frozen on it's mounts.

Manais another subject altogether. Basically it's a way to give kudos to someone who's helped you or in case you just want to support a member. You can give mana to anyone and they can give it to you. You can also take it away. Search at the top of the page on the subject of mana and you will find endless discussions!

:waving::15red::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Couple of things.....If the pucks are new they may need to find their groove. If you've been riding some dusty roads, they could be grimed. I've found temperature/humidity sometimes make them act up. Try taking the scoot to a car wash and give them a good high pressure bath.

Is this intermittent or has it always done this?

Exavid is a freak when it come to this stuff as he has the time and loves to tear things apart and test chemicals. I heard once he extracted DNA from the hand grips when he got his 1500 to track down any previous owners.

Kyle
Exavid thanks for all your help....couldn't pass up the shot though!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Manais another subject altogether. Basically it's a way to give kudos to someone who's helped you or in case you just want to support a member. You can give mana to anyone and they can give it to you.
Hey exavid :waving:Here we go again with "Mana" :whip: I think we will propose that you are promoted to the "Mana" "Guru" :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
Manais another subject altogether. Basically it's a way to give kudos to someone who's helped you or in case you just want to support a member. You can give mana to anyone and they can give it to you.
Hey exavid :waving:Here we go again with "Mana" :whip: I think we will propose that you are promoted to the "Mana" "Guru" :clapper:

No way, we have lots of people with four mana, they are candidates for mana guru!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Diego :waving: Just a wee bit of advice, ;)anything of a technical nature place the mesg on the Technical Forum :clapper:because some of the "Gurus" dont visit the General Discussion Forum that often :crying:Good luck with your new :11red: and have many safe miles.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Diego :waving: Just a wee bit of advice, ;)anything of a technical nature place the mesg on the Technical Forum :clapper:because some of the "Gurus" dont visit the General Discussion Forum that often :crying:Good luck with your new :11red: and have many safe miles.
They should since a lot of the weird stuff shows up there!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Redwing,

Thanks for the tip - I'll keep my tech questions on the other board from now on. BTW - love your "Handle" - I'd love to have used Redwing but you are 1430 posts and many, many miles ahead of me.

Your most humble, Diego.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Diego wrote:
Redwing,

Thanks for the tip - I'll keep my tech questions on the other board from now on. BTW - love your "Handle" - I'd love to have used Redwing but you are 1430 posts and many, many miles ahead of me.
Hey Diego :waving:Your very welcome. :clapper:Have many safe miles. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Did someone say mana????

Just curious.

hobie
No No No No No No

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Did someone say mana????
Most def. NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO! :whip:NO!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Amen and to oil and tires too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.