Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a cure for squeeky brakes? I have an 1100 with 21K. The disc's look great. I took off the pads, lightly sanded them and re-installed them. Didn't help. Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

orbit398 wrote:
Is there a cure for squeeky brakes? I have an 1100 with 21K. The disc's look great. I took off the pads, lightly sanded them and re-installed them. Didn't help. Any suggestions.
Silicone Spray behind the pads and you can file the pads leading edge down to a 45 degree angile !:baffled:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Copper grease on the back and edges of the pads (the steel parts) also cures this.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on getting the squeak stopped orbit. It is just too embarrassing when your Wing squeaks to a stop beside a Harley.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

jackjohn wrote:
Congratulations on getting the squeak stopped orbit. It is just too embarrassing when your Wing squeaks to a stop beside a Harley.
The thing is, the guy on the Harley would never hear it anyway.:action:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Persby.... what?

Huh ?!:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Persby.... what?

Huh ?!:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled:
the natural process of losing hearing that occurs with age... :crying:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I just pulled my rear calipers apart and found a lot of gunk, grit and grime. I cleaned everything very carefully and applied a thin layer of lube.the padsmove around like should be. I also cleaned and lubed the sleeves so that the calipers would move freely. What a difference 20 minutes, a little brake cleaner and a little lube made. No more brake noise. I will be doing the front brakes this weekend.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

All - thanks for all the hints. I took mine apart again, left off the little sliver clip on deal and added marine anti-seize to the back of the pads. No more noise.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
imported post

Since I'm changing the rear tire I might have to follow the groups advise here to get mine to stop make noise at slow speeds. :jumper:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.