Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 275 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
imported post

All approved so far....

Helpful hint: When you are looking at the main index page, if you click the - sign next on the left side of each region bar, you can compress those regions you don't normally want to browse.
Hit the + sign to expand them again.

Apparently the Blackberry email servers are having problems getting mail through promptly again so I may be a little slower than normal doing approvals and responses until they get that fixed.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Rudy great idea I'm regestering today. I will help you keep an eye on it as Moderator if you want...If any member sees or hears of any abuse of this list let me know by PM, and I will do what needs to be done....I will also help you in any area I can...

Great job Rudy....

Claude

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I was waiting for the 2nd confirmation email ,never came so I just logged in and it works anyway .

Good work RUDY:clapper::clapper:,

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I was waiting for the 2nd confirmation email ,never came so I just logged in and it works anyway .

Good work RUDY:clapper::clapper:,
Ditto.... but indead... great job!!!:clapper::clapper:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

I think that second email it is referring to is because the system expects that besides my authorization, a second email will be used to get you to click in on it to activate and I opted not to require that since I know who everyone is already.
Maybe I can find where the message for that is stored and edit it a bit.

·
Administrator
57,471 Posts
imported post

Got myself registered too, ya'll come say howdy! :D

Seriously though, I am glad to be able to help someone sort out a problem. I know what it feels like to be on the road with a break down.

Good show Rudy. Didn't think the avatars were necessary, if they clog up the print outs, they need to be turned off.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Didn't think the avatars were necessary, if they clog up the print outs, they need to be turned off.
John,
They don't show in search results anyway so there is no reason to exclude them at this time.

Helpful Hint #2: How to get state-wide printable lists.

On the search bar, click on the Magnifying Glass symbol, rather than entering a search at that point.
(You will be taken to the advanced search page.)

In the 'Search for:' section put in JUST the two letter State code.. i.e. GA. (Oregon needs the whole word)

Be sure to check the 'Search in topic subjects only' checkbox.

Uncheck the 'Search all' checkbox and hit the [+] on the 'Choose a board to search in, or all' (just above that). Then check your state or region.

Click on the [Search] button and your list will appear.

Print the page and party hearty.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
imported post

Not a complaint Mind you ,but Indiana is missing from the list of states.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

Here are a few glhelper stats so far:

30 states have no one to help traveling members in the directory

15 states have only one person to help statewide

5 states have two or more persons to help out.

3 non-US members are willing to help you all so far. (thats 3 around the world)
1 in Ontario
1 in Ireland
1 in England

There are 50 people registered with 33 of them willing to provide help.

So far Georgia, US is the world wide leader among the most willing members to help out fellow travelers with 4 members having stepped up state wide, I'm proud to say.

Not sure we could call this Gold Book status quite yet folks.. 50 members helping out of over 10,000? :baffled:

Come on guys and gals, it feels good to help people in need. And it helps with your Karma too. :goofygrin:

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
imported post

I'm in there, hopefully some of the other members will follow suit.:D

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I think all the English and Irish must be away on holidays!!!!:shock::baffled:

·
Just one of the guys
4,774 Posts
imported post

I signed up the other day for NY and PA as we are in NY but less than 1 mile from the PA border.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
3 non-US members are willing to help you all so far. (thats 3 around the world)
1 in Ontario
1 in Ireland
1 in England
I'm in there! So that's 2 for Ontario!!

Great job Rudy!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I am wondering if it is possible for Wingnut or someone to do a blanket PM or eamil to all members of the site to alert them to this "scheme" because I am sure that many either don't visit to read this too often or as some do, they skip the stickies to read the "meat" of the threads? :baffled:

If this can't be done, I guess the additions will just trickle in at a steady pace over time.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I am wondering if it is possible for Wingnut or someone to do a blanket PM or eamil to all members of the site to alert them to this "scheme" because I am sure that many either don't visit to read this too often or as some do, they skip the stickies to read the "meat" of the threads? :baffled:

If this can't be done, I guess the additions will just trickle in at a steady pace over time.
Well you are the Forum Diplomat, go negotiate for it. Make them see the light.
I'm the Ferret, I stir it up and you fix it up. Makes a good team that way. :weightlifter:

And kudos to the guys who have already stepped up to be there for the rest in their times of need. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

I have it added to my signature like I have from near the beginning as I have asked others to do. I feel that it is now on every post that I have ever made as it is in Button Lady's and even SEE?. I recommend everyone else who can do it try it for a while and even pm other members about it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
imported post

I can help out in No Central Indiana(Now that we were included in the US):D:cooldevil:

Thanks Rudy for the addition.

Dave

21 - 40 of 275 Posts