81 - 100 of 275 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
imported post

s78wingrider wrote:
sorry Rudy! didn't read it right as usual :doh: Aaron
Not a problem, sir. Wouldn't be the first time for any of us around here.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Okay, I signed on board as well. Waiting for my approval.

Dusty

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Okay, I signed on board as well. Waiting for my approval.

Dusty
Your suite is ready for you sir.

Also I JUST got the attachments section working from a directory error it had so now you can add up to two 500 meg images to your post if you wish to help describe the "scene". :coollep:

Nothing but the best for you guys out there. :goofygrin:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

500 meg pics? I hope that's a mis-print.

·
Registered
371 Posts
imported post

I'm on there.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Also I JUST got the attachments section working from a directory error it had so now you can add up to two 500 meg images to your post if you wish to help describe the "scene". :coollep:

Nothing but the best for you guys out there. :goofygrin:

Great Rudy. :cool:

I added a image with a 'red box', showing the area of coverage, for assistance,I am good for. :waving:

Dusty

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
500 meg pics? I hope that's a mis-print.
It is...hehe sorry.

500k per pic. 2 pix max 1024x768 max

More later if we need it. I bought buttloads of space on that plan.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
tanygaer wrote:
Thanks for adding Wales Rudy, I have now posted my details....
Now you're settn' the example lad...

For you US guys, 32 states now have at least 1 helper available. Kudos to you guys.
My advice, however, is NOT to have a problem in the following states as there is no helper representation there yet:

Alaska
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland
Massachusettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey
North Carolina
North Dakota
Rhode Island
South Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

Interesting that most of these are northern states. I guess the south is really friendiler after all.

Makes ya wonder... ok Hawaii doesn't make me wonder, but the rest? :baffled:

You can always call me. I'll try to find ya help no matter where you are. :goofygrin:
Just found this post......Sorry, my attendance on the site has been spotty lately, Work sux, but it's better than unemployment!:cooldevil:

I registered, and am waiting for approval. Being located in the upper right hand corner of RI, I can help in RI, SE mass., and NE CT.

Good job, Rudy!!:clapper:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,537 Posts
imported post

Hi Rudy;

Just did a revisit to upgrade my post to make it more esthetic.

Great job on the upgrades to the website! Awesome. The ability to edit the Subject Title is something that I wish the Goldwing Forum had. Can't tell you how many times I have made a typo and had to live with it.

This is going to be a real resource and as time moves along and more members get on board with it, very valuable.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
imported post

Thanks AZ and thanks to scooter7 for filling in Rhode Island for us and to 98wing and wingsailor for providing support in North Carolina.

So we are left with only the following 18 US states still looking to be filled in by someone..

Alaska
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland
Massachusettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey
North Dakota
South Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

When someone needs it, I'll give a short how-to on printing out whatever you want to carry with you from the on-line helpers directory.

Remember anyone listed can be an online operator/dispatcher for anyone else who
is on the road and in trouble, lost, whatever. It doesn't need to be anyone in your immediate area and they don't necessarily need to provide local help themselves. Just print and carry a few (maybe 10?) numbers for your approximate route area for contact purposes and whomever you reach can act as your "Help agent" to get you help, either from the online list, Digby's list or even making help posts and PM to the general membership in your behalf or Googling up nearby resources.

I am one you can call and I'll find you the best solution we have available at that time and make sure you get help. Hotels, service shops, parts needed on the road, meals banks, whatever you need. Dont ride around with a book that starts getting outdated as soon as you print it. (unless you want to, of course).

Call me from Arkansas if you need me. It doesn't matter where you are too much. I'll find the nearest help you need, if possible. So will most, if not all, of the folks listed.

That's what it is all about isn't it?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
The ability to edit the Subject Title is something that I wish the Goldwing Forum had. Can't tell you how many times I have made a typo and had to live with it.
Please don't re-edit the titles after I 'adjust' them for maximum search results unless something like your name, phone number, misspelling or location changes.

If it is that radical of a change, it might be better to just remove your post completely (which you can also do) and start fresh.

Your call though. I scan the entries every day or so and "fix" the titles. I might miss older ones if I didn't know they changed.

It is the one thing that must be managed so that search/print results function well.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I'm a little slow sometimes.......but you can add me and Illinois to your list. I just registered and haven't been approved yet but I only did it about 5 minutes ago.

Good job and thanks much for your time and effort.:clapper:

Hobie

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Call me from Arkansas if you need me. It doesn't matter where you are too much. I'll find the nearest help you need, if possible. So will most, if not all, of the folks listed.

Now all you need to do is move to India to make this complete. :cheeky1:

Or at least add an Indian accent, so we all feel comfortable talking to you. Kinda like that strong, southern accent you have. :goofygrin:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
imported post

mikef wrote:

Now all you need to do is move to India to make this complete. :cheeky1:

Or at least add an Indian accent, so we all feel comfortable talking to you. Kinda like that strong, southern accent you have. :goofygrin:
Hehe... That's just how I sound with a mouth fulla bolled pnuts.

And yer lyin through your tooth, you is.

"Thank you... come again. " Apu

And remember, operators are sitting by, drunk on their asses.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,537 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
The ability to edit the Subject Title is something that I wish the Goldwing Forum had. Can't tell you how many times I have made a typo and had to live with it.
Please don't re-edit the titles after I 'adjust' them for maximum search results unless something like your name, phone number, misspelling or location changes.

If it is that radical of a change, it might be better to just remove your post completely (which you can also do) and start fresh.

Your call though. I scan the entries every day or so and "fix" the titles. I might miss older ones if I didn't know they changed.

It is the one thing that must be managed so that search/print results function well.
Oops!

In my case, I resorted my line info to put the state first, then my area in logical order.

Don't think I will be needing to change any of the rest of it. I'm pretty a "stagnant" beast :) but very flexible in times of need.

So if anyone is traveling in Arizona, Yuma is covered and I can get the rest of the state all the way up to Utah if necessary. Because that country is devoid of help in the south/southeast parts.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

Just wondering if there's any way to delineate areas more clearly.....for instance, I'm in RI, but also VERY close to parts of MA and CT, but because I'm under RI, people won't realize it. While there is a large part of both those states I won't go to to assist, there is a good portion of them both that I would be willing to cover.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
Just wondering if there's any way to delineate areas more clearly.....for instance, I'm in RI, but also VERY close to parts of MA and CT, but because I'm under RI, people won't realize it. While there is a large part of both those states I won't go to to assist, there is a good portion of them both that I would be willing to cover.
I think if you have those other state codes in your main text area, it will still get found in the searches. Just gets confusing if they are all in the Title areas.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

that's what I did with it, I'd just hate to have someone stuck in Worcester, MA thinking there's no help around, when that's a 1/2 hr ride from me

81 - 100 of 275 Posts