Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 120 of 275 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
imported post

Tell you what... Go ahead and make a second post in those states but DON'T put your info in the text of those.
Just make the Title "near xxxx" and your name and number.
Then in the text area, put a link to the URL for your main post in your home area.
To get that URL open your home post and copy that URL to the clipboard. Then paste that into the out of home post. When they search it they will still get your number and you don't have to keep more than one text area up to date.
Get what I mean?

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,253 Posts
imported post

Excellent suggestion Rudy. You da man!

Out of the box thinking improves the usefulness of the product.

I'm going to do that for the southern Utah area down near Grand Canyon. That is a bad place to get 'lost in' and no help around.

Gonna be a long walk before that cell phone works though :(

·
Just one of the guys
4,794 Posts
imported post

I just made one post in the NY section, then another post in the PA section. I figure if someone is going to a particular state and just print the headers form that state they will be set.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
So we are left with only the following 18 US states still looking to be filled in by someone..

Alaska
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland
Massachusettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey
North Dakota
South Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming
Hey Rudy,

you can take California off that list as soon as I get a confirmation from you!

(Actually So Cal, Los Angeles area)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
imported post

Nice... you are there.
Good to have California partially covered finally.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

Thanks Rudy,

Great setup btw!

I would have registered long ago but I just happened across it about an hour ago when someone mentioned it in the tech forums where I usually hang out.
I think the only reason the thousands of members havent registered yet is because they dont know about it.

Hey what do you say I link to it from CGW?
The more the merrier right?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
imported post

My feeling is that since we all have our info out there, we need to be able to verify those that join up to be known members of one of the upstanding boards out there.

So far I have not had anyone try to register that would give me concern but that day will come. Just as I always knew we would be looking at letting other boards join in possibly at some time.

I think the members here should voice their opinions about that since their info is there also. I don't want some harley dink trying to call me from the bar at closing time because the bar tender won't give him his keys.

My personal feeling is yes you are right the more the merrier but if they are a member of a board that you are also a member of, then you should be involved with who gets authorized to join since you would know who is who there and have to be the one to make the judgment call about those persons. In other words, you would be the delegated moderator for that board as a group.

What are every bodies thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

I completely agree with what you say Rudy.

Actually what I meant to suggest was merely a way for more members to find out about the list, quite a few of the members that frequent SS and use the same user name are on CGW.
The way you have member account approval set up, you would still be in total control who gets an account.

Anyway, just a suggestion.
Just trying to help get your site known in the Goldwing community.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
imported post

Yes we really want as many 'good' folks on the list and using the list as possible. It is a catch-22 because the more you let in, the more risk you have for misuse.

I feel the same way a spam filter does. Let in only the good stuff, none of the bad.

Of course if ANYONE has ANY bad issues from the members of SSGB online, then I would take action immediately, once reported. But that in itself is chasing the cart.

Having slept on it, I'm thinking, why not just let them know that they need to sign up over here and make a few posts to qualify if they are not already a member and we would be happy as can be to add them and let them use the list for it's intended purpose. Which is to be HELP ONLY when needed and not to pester members or distribute the content of the members info to non-members.

Of course distribution of lists applies to the paper lists being accumulated and sent out as well.

Difference with the online version is you can remove, change and add yourself as well and as often as your needs dictate.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I agree with Rudy in that they should be a registered member here 1st, so we get some sort of an idea who the person is. I never even heard of CGW! :baffled:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yup, I think they should be a member of this forum too. :D

John

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
I agree with Rudy in that they should be a registered member here 1st, so we get some sort of an idea who the person is. I never even heard of CGW! :baffled:
I think it stands for Cows, Girls and Wings...maybe.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
imported post

All set.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Sounds good...I'm in

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
imported post

All set Kyle.. enjoy.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
I have it added to my signature like I have from near the beginning as I have asked others to do. I feel that it is now on every post that I have ever made as it is in Button Lady's and even SEE?. I recommend everyone else who can do it try it for a while and even pm other members about it.
D-Rod, Thanks for the advice I too have followed your fine example and placed this info on my signiture, acttually I copy and pasted it from yours :D

I will be updating my info tomorrow after work for sourthern Indiana and the parts of kentucky that are realistically availlable for me to help out in.

Another fine job by you folks here, Thanks!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

Just registered. What a great idea.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Very poor response from the UK..... just me then!!!!!? :X

Ireland no better considering it is the home country for this site!!!! :baffled:

Still only 8 helpers responding for the whole of Europe - anyone needing help in Continental Europe will just have to hope that Shrek snr is residing in Normandy at the time :baffled:

I can't do a lot, but I can be used as a contact ....... and I am sure many others could do the same :baffled:

101 - 120 of 275 Posts