Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

121 - 140 of 275 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

well...Wexy says distance no object!!!!

Just added myself in there, it's a great directory ...kudos to Rudy and everyone registered.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

cbltech59 wrote:
well...Wexy says distance no object!!!!

Just added myself in there, it's a great directory ...kudos to Rudy and everyone registered.
Nice one Mark! :clapper::clapper:now for everyone else!!!!!!!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
imported post

Just a bit of a heads up...

We now have 192 members in glhelpers.com. Congratulations for helping others and yourselves.

As an example, Jluvs2dive used it to locate helper members in MO when they had the valve stem problem on the way to NASSIR-1 so it does work.

Since we are only allowing Saunders members with at least 3 posts to sign up for the directory, please make sure that when you sign up with the glhelpers directory, that you either use the name you use here or PM me here to let me know you want to use a different name (handle) there.

I am starting to see a few bogus types out there trying to sign up. For a while I was emailing them to see if they would respond and give them a week then dropping the request but that is not practical to do all the time and I don't want to leave real approvals sitting there very long.

We want to do everything we can to protect your information and letting unknown users have access to it won't work very well. At least in my concept of data security.

Right now I have an 'olga' and a 'ronniejon' pending that are not showing up in the SS member's list. If you are one of them, please let me know. I suspect olga is one of the info harvester attempts, if I had to guess, but neither of them will be approved until this step has been verified.

Thanks for helping each other.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
imported post

Well Olga is back again but this time she's olgaolga.

Don't know who olga, olgaolga or Ed is.

Ain't gonna happen till I do since there are no members here by those names.

PM me if it's you.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

If you PM me their e-mail addresses Ric, I can check them against known spammer ones for you. I have a list of over a million that keeps on growing...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
imported post

Thanks Steve... those two are long gone.
I'll send questionable ones as they come up.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I got the first email but am waiting for the second authorization email to be able to post my information.

Jeff

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
I got the first email but am waiting for the second authorization email to be able to post my information.

Jeff
A couple of questions Jeff...

1. When did you sign up?

2. Did you use 84GrayWing as your sign up name?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

I used jduff8505 as my user name on the helper registration. I can change that if I need to. I use jduff8505 on most of the other forums I'm on. Sorry for the confusion.

Jeff

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
I used jduff8505 as my user name on the helper registration. I can change that if I need to. I use jduff8505 on most of the other forums I'm on. Sorry for the confusion.

Jeff
Ok, that accounts for the delay. I got you going just now.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
imported post

Well that did it:)Thanks Rudy. If you're traveling through Oklahomaand have problems look me up. I have Gold Wing friends in the SW part of the state as well as several people I ride with here in the city, I'm sure we can get you help as needed.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,767 Posts
imported post

Rudy, I sent the registration request in today. I'm not home enough to offer a garage/workspace (on the road too much) but have a complete garage available when I'm in. I can see it being valuable on the oft times I get hung up waiting on a load. I could contact a close-by member for an impromptu meet/greet. Was stuck in Vegas last weekend (no clean clothes or $$) & would've loved to find a close by friendly SS member.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
imported post

You are all set.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
imported post

just registered rudy:cool:good job bro:cool::jumper:

·
Premium Member
60,050 Posts
imported post

Rudy
I can't belive I just found this site..
I'm trying to log on but your sign up is telling me my user name is not regestered..
What I'm I doing wrong ?????

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Rudy
I can't belive I just found this site..
I'm trying to log on but your sign up is telling me my user name is not regestered..
What I'm I doing wrong ?????
Foodman.. I just checked the members list and you don't have an account there yet. You have to create an account there because the site is separate from here and the logins between domains don't know about each other.

You can use your Foodman name and the same password if you wish but you will need to do that once to get going with it. If you use another name I'll need a PM from you to know it's you.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

·
Premium Member
60,050 Posts
imported post

Rudy
I filled out the top portion..
User name and pass word. but it still blocked me.. Is that still incorrect or dose it take a little time ??

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Rudy
I filled out the top portion..
User name and pass word. but it still blocked me.. Is that still incorrect or dose it take a little time ??
You have to click on the Register tab in dark blue just under that or click on the Register link in the text in the top of the center box.

The part you did was if you already have registered for an account.

·
Premium Member
60,050 Posts
imported post

It looks good this time..
It's hell to be old in a technical world.....
Thanks for the help.....................

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
imported post

Foodman wrote:
It looks good this time..
It's hell to be old in a technical world.....
Thanks for the help.....................
Glad you got it. Anytime on the help.

121 - 140 of 275 Posts