Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine gas contacted me about getting his mid 90's 1100 back on the road after sitting stuffed in the back of his garage for the last 8 yrs.

The fuel system will be the bear as he has kinda beaten around the bush that nothing was done to it prior to lay up.:ROFL:It should be here in a week or 2.

How many carbs these things got, ease of getting out, fuel pump type and location, fuel tank ease of access, petcock type, charging system type.

Any other info, is it a good machine. Any known issues.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
It is a front to back V4, it has 4 carbs, and everything on it is a real pita to get to. They triple wrapped that bike in plastic, and it is very tight between the frame and engine where the carbs are. They are great bikes mechanically, but complicated and difficult to work on. The fuel pump is inside the tank which is also difficult to remove. The petcock is vacuum operated on the side of tank The tank is underneath a fake plastic cover. The charging system is conventional CDI with an uncontrolled output stator and an R/R.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:claps:

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Driver Rider,

You won't be clapping your hands for long if their anything like the ST 1300.

I put a set of high end LED driving lights on my BFFs ST 1300 - 2 days work! Just finding a place to run loom is hard to do.

Tim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.