·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A guy on eBay has several kits for braided stainless lines for a75-76 goldwing

what otheryears will this cover?

anybody know for sure?

He charges about $65 delivered - that seems to be a pretty fair price,,,, If we can avoid a rush to all bid on the same one.

I get dibbs on the one ending next, if it fits an 82! lol

Here's the listing

Stainless Steelfront brake hoses, 2 of the 21" and 1 of 18" ( 3 hoses in this auction ) from end to end for1975-76 Honda Goldwing, might fit other model years.

*** Comes with new banjo bolts and crush washers.

** Brake hoses manufactured with the system are DOT compliant.
** Meets SAE J1401and FMVSS106 Standards.
** Pressure tested @ 3000 psi, twice the maximum operating pressure of any vehicle.
** Cadnium plated end fittingsagainst corrosion and thus give youlife timeservices.

( Custom lenght and application available on request )
You are looking ata brand newStainless Steel braided hydraulic brake line. The banjo fittings on this line ismade of aluminum, which will give you a life time of service. Thisline iscovered with a layer of PVC for extra protection.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

That is a Very nice price if the quality is there. You need to do some measurements to see if they are long enough. I know my 78 with 1 inch risers requires a 22" plus for the top hose. A 21" that came with the kit I got from Venco would not fit, so the 18 in this kit certainly would not fit.

The # 10 Banjo fittings I believe are good for all wings??????Maybe one of the Gents familiar with the newer Wings can verify that??

If you are replacing original OEM hoses this is a huge improvement and a excellent investment.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

I am a dealer for HEL stainless brake lines (have Steve's permission to post about it). Go to www.helusa.com to see the lines. They use stainless steel fittings & banjo bolts & are very good quality. PM me for pricing. Thier catalog is 80 pages long, so they have a line to fit about anything. Can ship International too.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Considering the short lengths involved would it be easier to go to a shop which does this kind of work and have them custom made on-the-spot?

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

gido wrote:
Considering the short lengths involved would it be easier to go to a shop which does this kind of work and have them custom made on-the-spot?

I like the way your thinking.

I just rebuilt the master - went to start the calipers- system is empty and I can't budge the pistons with air pressure.

I'm going out to pull the Master (again)

Pull all the lines and "GET ER DONE"

Then I can bleed the brakes - pump out the pistons - re-seal the calipers - and do it once mo.

Note - ya gotta have hyd. pres. to get the pistons out.

And for those of you who plan better - the master line is 21 inches the caliper lines are 20 on my 82. (Outside end to outside end)

I have a pm in to lopeha and I can price them locally,

I had one member shoot me a qoute over $200 PLUS SHIPPING I like good service and all, but I paid a grand for the bike - - gets to be like putting a $100 saddle on a $20 horse.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.