Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Anyone know where I can get a stainless brakeline for the rear? I bought a Goodridge set for the front but can't find one for the rear. I would like a one piece line , no fittings to add, or have a custom one made, Thanks Coot

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Holy smokes, Batman! $250 for a set of brake lines for my 1100? Ouch!

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

I started to reply to your comment about the $250 cost as I thought you'd maybe not got the right stuff. Because, when I bought my lines for my '83 they were only $140+shipping this last February.:baffled:

Apparently they have discontinued making them theirselves(I do not know this for fact but check out their website and make your own assumptions) and are marketing the Andirondacks which even when I looked at them from Venco were almost twice as expensive.:stumped::(

I feel for you. The stainless lines do improve the feel. Plus, I wasn't happy running around on 21 year old brake lines. They do give out. You might contact www.paragonperformance.com and see if they still have any lines left or are willing to make you some. Otherwise, basically you're stuck.

I hope someone chimes in here and tells me I'm wrong as I'd be glad to be mistaken on this item.

Regards,

Hobie

G

·
imported post

Hey Coot :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:
:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Paragon still makes them, but they signed some sort of deal with Adirondaks or whomever to distribute the lines. A couple of us got our lines from paragon before they sold out the Goldwing lines. Now we have to pay twice as much to give Venco the business.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Anyone know if the lines are same from 81 through 83?

I need to know 'cause I might be able to help out but I have to have precise info. I'm not permitted to reveal my source but I might be able to hook Coot up with some lines for half the price.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

'80 to '82 are the same, the '83 is unique to itself. The '83 has the front 2 discs split between the front and rear braking system, the '80 to '82 uses both front discs as the front brakes. '80-'82 has 4 rubber brake lines, the '83 only has 3.

I -emailed Russell Performance, and they don't list the '83, and basically told me they were not in the business of making lines, and they were not interested in making lines for a bike that had no call for them. Ohhh well.

There are bound to be places that make auto lines that can make them cheap. As long as they have access to the correct angles banjo fittings.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

That's too bad for Coot as I had found a manufacturer that had some in stock for my '83 only for the same price I paid in February.

Sorry Coot, I tried.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thanks for the effort. I already have the new frontstainless brake lines made by goodridge but they don't offer one for the rear. I think there is a place in town that makes lines, just need to call on them. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.