Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm shopping for replacement brake lines for my 82 GL1100I. Friends keep recommending stainless steel braided brake lines.

I found some at oldbikebarn.com but they are listed for Honda GL1100 Goldwing DC Deluxe 1982.

I don't know what "DC Deluxe" means and whether these lines will fit my Interstate or not.

I've noticed occasional wierd nomenclature when talking about GL1100's. Some catalogs list GL1100 a/b/c/d as though there were four flavors named a b c and d.

I'm aware of standard, interstate and aspencade models in the GL1100 era.

Can someone help me decipher this "DC Deluxe" name?

Can someone point me to a good source for stainless steel brake lines?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

Call J&P Cycles /Anamosa,Iowa/,1-800-292-2155 /customer service/.I Just ordered from them set of SS brake lines for my 81 gl1100,dual front disc. All the parts, incl 3 lines,all banjo fittings and bolts came to approx $160. All Russell parts.The service guy at JP will
help you choose proper parts .Also go to their web site www.jpcycles.com and see what they have.Hope it will help you. Mathew

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Ted, the 80 through 82 use the same lines. We have a line of stainless steel lines for all the 1975 - 2000 gold wing. Contact us if your interested.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

atgattrat wrote:
I've noticed occasional wierd nomenclature when talking about GL1100's. Some catalogs list GL1100 a/b/c/d as though there were four flavors named a b c and d.

I'm aware of standard, interstate and aspencade models in the GL1100 era.

Can someone help me decipher this "DC Deluxe" name?

I have somewhat of an answer here, but it will undoubtedly raise even more questions.

I believe that the letters and DC Deluxe are designations of country of origin for the specific bike. Yes there are three basic models but several variations based on countries.

Apparently there was also a model in '80designated GL 1100 DX for a "metric country", after seeing the illustrations in the Honda owner's manual. It has no saddle bags or trunk. Itdoes have a fairing, lowers and full gauge cluster in the dash. A noticable differece was the mirrors were mountedto the handle bars. It also had some unique features on the handle bar controls regarding the lights.

Anyway, contact the seller directly and ask but, I think that those parts are interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.