Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The chrome tat on my bike is not compatible with the British weather.

Is there anywhere to get stainless steel tat? Boot rack, wind-deflectors, radiator grill etc are all rusty :(

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I've never seen it commercially available, but if the guys in the UK are anything like Ireland, you will probably find some club guys who make their own stuff from stainless.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing wrote:
The chrome tat on my bike is not compatible with the British weather.

Is there anywhere to get stainless steel tat? Boot rack, wind-deflectors, radiator grill etc are all rusty :(
Nitrowing, a lot of guys in my area are having some of their problem chrome parts either power-coated black or power-coated to a chrome look alike. The look alike power-coat chrome isn't as shiny as real chrome but sure looks a lot better then rusty chrome.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Well how about that? I've been tat for years and didn't know it:cooldevil::goofygrin:. So what does tit for tat mean then?:cooldj:

Hobie

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The expression 'no tit for tat' means Tat was the third of a set of triplets!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Tit for Tat obviously means they were twins!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The expression 'no tit for tat' means Tat was the third of a set of triplets!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Thanks for clearing that up Paul:action:I always thought the runt got hind tit...but that might just be for animals.:)

:12red::cooldj:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
exavid wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up Paul:action:I always thought the runt got hind tit...but that might just be for animals.:)
Just depends on the size of the litter!

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Nitrowing, stainless doesn't work out cheaper as it's about 10 times dearer to buy stainless tubing than mild steel. But it does last for years and can be polished up to almost chrome like shine whenever you want.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey GWNorman :waving: Whats all these other cowboys talking about. :stumped:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Getting back to the subject, be careful buying new trunk racks. If you have a trunk rack on your Wing and you decide to replace it because it's rusted, you will probably find that the new one won't line up with the holes drilled for the old one (even if they are the same make). The mounts on the aftermarket racks are always a little bit different on each rack and no two ever seem to line up the same.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That's why they make star washers, not the locking type, but the large chrome ones that mount under the luggage rack legs. They not only prevent cracking but can hide the fact that a mounting hole or two may have been ovaled out.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.