Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today for the first time went i press the start button...i hear a little click and have to push 2-3 times on the button.

This winter i upgrade the starter and the starter start and turn super fast.

the battery is full and OK.

Charging system is OK.

Can it be just the start button ?

it did at noon and never the rest of the day.

a 10 PM tonight ,( after 4 hours resting) it did it again(1 time)....like when i release it...not sure.

i left the bike under the rain 2 days ago. and did not take it since 2 days ago.

can i clean inside the handle the mechanism of the button ?

or what is your opinion?

P.S. after that hesitation at noon and tonight ....i turn the red switch off and start and old 3-4 seconds....... 4 times in a row and the starter was running very fast.

thanks for your advice.:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

where was the "clicking" comming from? had to be the solenoid, which means the starter button is working, i would guide you to the solenoid for cleaning of cables and check the plug in for scorch and burn and if problem still persists then replace the solenoid

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

First thing I thought was solenoid because you hear the click. I think you can disassemble the solenoid and clean it up. Might also try flipping the contacter part over so the new edges are making contact to the two posts.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Sorry where is the selenoid?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

beside the battery, the red cable from the battery goes to it and the starter cable comes from it and goes to starter, there is also a plug-in on it, this melts sometimes or gets dirty and loses contact, check it

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Go to the how to DIY bit on this forum and do the Bi-pass suggested. I did all of the bi-passes suggested after I had the same gremlins. I cleaned all connectors and I am getting good readings all around now.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

jdvorchak wrote:
First thing I thought was solenoid because you hear the click. I think you can disassemble the solenoid and clean it up. Might also try flipping the contacter part over so the new edges are making contact to the two posts.
contacter parts of selenoid or starts button?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Go to the how to DIY bit on this forum and do the Bi-pass suggested. I did all of the bi-passes suggested after I had the same gremlins. I cleaned all connectors and I am getting good readings all around now.
Thanks but i did not find the tread or post!!!!!!!!!!!!:?:?

ty:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

I'd check the solonoid beside the battery alright. They can be disassembled and cleaned up. Unlike the 1500 starter solonoid which cant , unless you break it. But thats a whole other story.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

churchhillmike wrote:
I'd check the solonoid beside the battery alright. They can be disassembled and cleaned up. Unlike the 1500 starter solonoid which cant , unless you break it. But thats a whole other story.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Did not find the link!!!!!!!!!!..........just in case.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Bonjour franky .,
With battery disconnected , shoot a few shots of WD40 into the start switch and cycle the switch a few times to clean out , do same for all switches while your at it . With canned or comp.air blow out the switches gently to remove the crap. Reconnect bat. and try to start , if all is well ok. If not remove start solenoid and match with same at any auto electrical shop or riding lawnmower shop.
If starter and connections are ok you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

machinehead wrote:
Bonjour franky .,
With battery disconnected , shoot a few shots of WD40 into the start switch and cycle the switch a few times to clean out , do same for all switches while your at it . With canned or comp.air blow out the switches gently to remove the crap. Reconnect bat. and try to start , if all is well ok. If not remove start solenoid and match with same at any auto electrical shop or riding lawnmower shop.
If starter and connections are ok you should be good to go.
ok i will try that too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.