Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head lights would not come on. So I started reading jiggle the start switch well it worked but it now blows the Acc breaker but head light works perfect.

I am guessing that there is arcing on starter contacts. Are the radio and speed sensor all dependent on good contact in the switch ? It did work fine sitting but first time I made a sharp turn it blew again. Chasing gremlins.

Jim

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim
You may need to pull the switch apart and do a full cleaning of it.
Have you spray cleaned the switches with electrical contact cleaner?

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Sounds like a live is going to ground somewhere rather than dirty contacts if you are blowing fuses. If it's happening on sharp turns you may have a wire snagging somewhere near the top yolk but I would look at the switch as well.

·
Administrator
27,898 Posts
The4 switch has nothing to do with blowing that fuse, look elsewhere for a short.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'd suggest removing the starter switch and verifying that it's not broken. I had similar problem with the Hi/Low Beam Switch... had a broken piece that allowed the contacts to somehow create a short, and blow a fuse.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the directions

I guess I will set a little time aside to clean switches. When I wiggled the switch there was a radio crackle and flickering of LCD. High beam low beam switch is another concern. Anybody use Corrosion X as a switch lubricant. There is a lot of salt in the air here on the coast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.