Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok so driving down the road to school, bike completely dies. that's not the bad part, i just ran out of gas...:(

but after putting alittle gas in trying to start it again, the starter spun and you could hear the chain inside just whirring. not turning the crankshaft. and then stopped all together. so i pulled off the starter and it was kinda hard to get out. the little gear it's splined onto is sitting in the chain crooked. now i turn the engine over with the back of stator bolt and there's spots where it's very very hard to turn. also i notice fine aluminium filings on the chain the little gear fits into. after rotating the engine about 500 times by hand the chain is no longer reaching that crooked spot, and seems to be normal again. but my question is...

what would cause the chain to not be straight in there? could the teeth on the back of the stator be messed up? could anything else possibly become jostled and hit the chain?? after awhile and jumping from battery i managed to start her and get it home so now i'm wondering what to look for. i hope i dont' have to split it all apart to check it out... but kinda looks like the case.

any helps or advice is much appreciated, ride on!
chris

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You can get to all that stuff from the back side and not splitting the cases.I think.. The rear case has to come off and the stator case...that chain is run from up above and a bigger sprocket and comes down at a slight angle to the starter sprocket...Worn teeth, bent chain link..just guessing here???

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

wow, i didn't know there were more manuals available!! i got one from here two years ago, and thought that was it. but WOW i'm happy to see there's more! thanks everyone!! it looks so much nicer now, but still gotta find what's up with my bike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.