Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody thanx for letting me in.....got a little question my 86 gl 1200 had starter problem soo being broke at the time went party scavaging like junkyard wars. got a good starter off a rebel the starter body was exactly like my gl starter sooo I changed both ends put starter in now SOUNDS like starter clutch but is it possible its spinning backwards and if so without hooking starter up like positive groud what can I do
:grin3:

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
:welc: I agree it probably spins the wrong way. Even connecting it backwards won't make it reverse. Possibly if you used your original brush holder it would reverse.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
The original field type starter would have to have the brush polarity reversed. Like Dave said the end cap/brush holder. If you had a permanent magnet type starter it would run backward by reversing polarity. I am not sure just changing the end plate will give you the results you are looking for. It should go in the opposite direction but I am not sure about the timing between the field and armature being optimum???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess ill pull it back apart and see what happens don't really wanna pull my engine but 40 min I can have it out. starter out in 10 min max but engine around 45 min. carb out 5 min took 5 hrs first time I guess practice makes perfect

1 - 9 of 9 Posts