Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all

I know this has been said in past treads . when removing starter motor is the bike

put on the side or centre stand . got to remove as new brushes are needed to be installed..

thanks guys

adrian

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi ARKnapp

many thanks for info

adrian

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, most folks do it with the bike on the side stand, helps keep the gear and chain in position.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi bagmaster
thats what I was thinking off as I didn't want to lose them and make it a bigger job than expected.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:You can remove the starter on the center stand but put it on the side for reinstallation as this will center the gear and make installation much easier.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i did my 1200 a couple of times on the center stand and a 1100 like 5 times on the center stand with no problems.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

HI guys
thanks for all advise that has been given .
starter removed new brushes installed, bench tested runs well will be reinstalling tomorrow night.
fantastic site for answers to any problems that one has..

thanks to all
adrian

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

starter back in . but when hit button relay clcks starter slugish , voltage at battery 11.9v . been standing all week

looked at past forum questions and will try bye passing relay ,and checking all connecters.

any other info would be helpful????

adrian

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

starter back in . but when hit button relay clcks starter slugish , voltage at battery 11.9v . been standing all week
----------------------------
Voltage is low if your meter is correct, or your connections are suspect. A 12 VDC battery must be fully charged since the starter draws 100 Amps for 1-2 seconds. Charge the battery, a fully charged battery should last 3 weeks at 40 F, if not it may be suphating. Too log on a tender will also kill it if the voltage and amps do not shut off. Make sure battery is good before ripping a starter out.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

battery charged 12.46v. bike running charging at 14.6v .

I may of found why battery was lossing charge the PO had wired the horn and all the xmas lights 26 on the back, and 10 on the front directy to the battery .
the temp here in old blitey has been apox 2-4c at night
( force of habit, goes with the job )

adrian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.