Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Google Stockers. They'll be able to help you out for either the complete starter, a rebuild kit, or just brushes.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I took my '83 1100 starter to a local alternastor/starter rebuild shop. They instaslled new brushes, cleaned the armature and installed new bushings/bearings (they were worn pretty bad). And were very reasonable. Just a thought.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

If you don't manage to find the original brushes you can always find some similar dimensioncar ones. Only important that they were designed for 12 Volts. Even if the dimensions are a little bit larger you can always use a rasp (as I did).

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

http://www.stockers.com/

Located in California!

They are proven as a good dealer! Be carefull not to buy any starters or parts for them that origionate in China. They dont last! Most starters just need brushes but some will need bearings as well. I bought the whole thing because once summer hits, You dont want to be wrenching while your buddies are riding!

Being that you live in Onterrible, your season is a lil shorter too!!!

welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS I JUST BOUGHT THE BIKE . IHAVENT PICKED UP THE BIKE YET I HOPE I DIDNT MAKE A MISTAKE IN BUYING THE BIKE IT HAS A 100,000 ON IT I THOUGHT THESE BIKES LASTED FOR EVER BUT SINCE I JONED THIS FORUM IM STARTING TO WONDER

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

100,000km? That's what...60,000 miles? Just getting warmed up. Ride the snot out of it, don't worry. Change the belts soon though.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

I have starter from an 81 GL1100 listed on eBay Item number: 150328993303

I cleaned it up and installed new brushes, then found out my old starter was not the problem.

It has been bench tested and spins up great.

:clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

you havent heard it run yet?...if told it runs?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

hey RB, a starter will pass a bench test but fail when trying to crank a Wing! It still might be weak!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Of course bench testing is not the same as actual use in the bike. But I stand behind my parts and would happily refund on anything that didn't work properly.
:toast:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

yes i did hear it running . i bought it of a guy i know and he takes care of his stuff . im getting motorcycle fever its bin a while since i've drove a bike last bike i had was a kaw. 1200 voyager which blow up with 30,000 km. you know what i think of kaw.and again thanks for the info. i stll have a lot of question but ill wait till i get the bike thanks again bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.