Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Richardrwgyou were right i did as u said and found the gear in plastic and it was jam

luckly i keep the old starter and it was metal i done the switch and it is starting wow

you help work special thanks to member Richardrwgwho had the same problem

:waving:live to ride again

lasers56

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

can you tell me if the one with the plastic ring gear was a chinse made starter ?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

how can i tell

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i know the box it came with is in english and spanish but on the box which has nice photos ot a new starter doesn t say so

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Smell it for hint of jasmine Tea and fried rice.
also does it make a whine while starting or a wang wang wang type of noise.??

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

That-a-boy Richardrwg..........

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

lasers56 wrote:
Richardrwgyou were right i did as u said and found the gear in plastic and it was jam

luckly i keep the old starter and it was metal i done the switch and it is starting wow

you help work special thanks to member Richardrwgwho had the same problem

:waving:live to ride again

lasers56
Laser, glad to be of service. Now, if I could just get everyone to agree on the issue deer alerts, car/mc tires and the prefered method emptying a septic tank with a non-spatial gravity feed pulse oximitar, I'd be a happy man.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
can you tell me if the one with the plastic ring gear was a chinse made starter ?
:waving:It no doubt was Chinese made. I read in an earlier post by lasers56 that he gothis strater from DB Electric. Not long ago I e-mailed DB Electric and asked if their starters were Chinese made and they replied that they are made in China. Beware of the starters that are sold on ebay.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

I have been dealing with this same issue also. I received a 'new' starter from EMX Electric out of W. Virginia thru Ebay. Well, it definately wasn't new. The splines were so worn, I couldn't put the gear on. I returned and got another one last Wednesday, which is in even worse shape. Rather than to deal with this same cr*p again, I just bought a new one from Stockers for 20 bux more... Should have done this the first go around...

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

GoWing wrote:
chris in va wrote:
That's just wrong lol.
You mean wong? ;)
AHHHHHAHAHHAAHHA:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I love Stockers but heard they sold to a different company. i doubt thier quality will go down the drain but I am worried about the customer service. I had an issue that although completly my fault was righted by Elwood himself. i even opffered to pay him over because of the shipping that he laid out and his response was dont worry about it glad it worked , now that you are happy spread the word. This was last winter and maybe the first sign of having financial issues.

i will definetly try them again for my starter needs because of the woinderful service i recieved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.