Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hit starter, just clicks. got new, used, starter silonoid from ebay, put n and it wont even click.

is there something else i should be looking at on this 94 model 1500?

can jump starter silonoid and it'll fire right up.

thank you,

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Well..the start button, the connections in the circuit to and from the ignition, the clutch safety switch and or diode..all connections around the relay..you can test the relay out of the bike..would be my first step as it's new to you..see if it clicks when power is supplied.

The info about is from my work with 1100's but think 1500's aren't too different in the starting circuit mechanics

OOPs I see it works fine when jumped so back to starter switch, clutch safety switch and diode or relay..and ignition circuit connectors..

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

if i took out clutch diode, would this cause this?

took it out because it had the radio not playing when put in gear

thanks, mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

From Witchat from my thread on this

A shorted diode should make the Neutral Light burn when the Clutch is pulled, bike in gear or not.
An open diode would let the Neutral light burn, when in Neutral, but would not apply ground to the Starter Relay coil. This could be a part of your problem but the Clutch Switch would still apply the ground to the Starter Relay coil.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

replaced diode, all is well.

does anyone know where to buy these diodes besides honda 32.00?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

Where is this diode located on a 1500? Mine just clicks and lights dim when I hit the starter button but no starter. I wonder if the diode is my problem?

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

the diode is on the right side. you'll have to remove some plastics. its in the main wiring harness. 2 prong type a deal , looks kinda like a fuse. 1 is neutral diode, the other is the clutch diode.

hope this helps. do you have a book?

mark:waving:

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
imported post

Z, MINE DID THE SAME THING, JUMPED THE SELINOID 6 TIMES AND NOW IT STARTS ON ITS OWN, THINK ITS TIME FOR A NEW ONE, ONLY $32.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.