Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have good starter hanging around that i don't need anymore. worked june 2012 when i pulled it out of bike due to needing new brushes and gaskets. fits 80/83 gl1100 and may fit others. pulled from 82 gl1100 with 52k on the clock. looks like it's been rebuilt at least once from po. 4 brush plate. shows no open or shorts, good comm, good mags, just needs case gaskets and brushes ( i can't solder worth a ****). maybe new paint

·
Patrick Brandon
18 Posts
have good starter hanging around that i don't need anymore. worked june 2012 when i pulled it out of bike due to needing new brushes and gaskets. fits 80/83 gl1100 and may fit others. pulled from 82 gl1100 with 52k on the clock. looks like it's been rebuilt at least once from po. 4 brush plate. shows no open or shorts, good comm, good mags, just needs case gaskets and brushes ( i can't solder worth a ****). maybe new paint
How much are you asking for the starter? I can pick up a starter rebuild kit for it, but when you say it is a four brush setup, that causes me to need to know what year the starter was manufactured. The 82 GL1100 is a two brush plate. What are you referring to when you say you can't solder worth a ****? Is the positive line back to the connector broken?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i said i cant solder, i dont have the tools or the skills, i've never been able to solder two peices of anything together with any success. as for the year of manufacture, i don't know. it came off an 82 1100 but i've not seen a 4 brush setup for these bikes either, makes me think non stock but i have no idea what else it came from. as for price, best offer plus shipping

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.