Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Although it will be 18-24 months before I have my knees in the breeze, I have already started my research. I like the Arlen Ness Vision (http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Victory-ArlenNessVictoryVision.htm ) and of course the top of the line Goldwing (http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2009models/2009-Honda-GL1800AD-Airbag-GoldWing.htm ). Both have some features unique to themselves and each shares some good stuff.

By the time I am ready, I would expect a new flavor of Goldwing will be available that steals my heart. However, so far, I love the looks of both and both offer amenities that ideally suite touring. But considering my history with F6 engines, I am leaning toward that (not to mention a 3 year warranty vs. 1 yr.) I prefer the shaft drive3 of the wing and like the CB option.

As I say, I do A LOT of research before buying any thing, can anybody tell me of other major differences that I should be aware of.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I think one is Fugly! The other, I think is not!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I'm sure you are doing what I did... make a list of all the features you are wanting, including mechanical.... and see what stacks up the best.

Me, I wanted: center stand, shaft drive, tubless tires, Regular gas, frame mounted fairing, gear indicator, electric windshield, ect. Some I got, some not. But I got the best of all available in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

You're asking a bunch of Wingers what you should buy...don't you think we will have a biased opinion?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

after my eyes stopped hurting from the first set of photo's i looked at the second set and all was ok:D

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

Not that it matters much but, the pictures of the GL is not of the Airbag model ...:baffled: The radio is where the airbag should be located.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

All I can say about the Victory is eewwwwwww :p. They don't look any better in person either IMHO.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

corventure wrote:
I think one is Fugly! The other, I think is not!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
I think the other has strange headlights :cheeky1:

I do think the Arlan Ness looks much better without the trunk

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I like all motorcycles from a dirt bike to the Vision. I think though to go and sit on them and take them for a day run, before deciding on any of them is always wise. Many things to consider other than looks , and depends on what you wish to use it for, but if you want to run any long distance, there will really only be one choice.

Kit

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

My prime reason for looking at the vision is purely because I like the looks of it. I am, as my tag line says, an F6 nut. And why would I not ask an eclectic groups of folks whom I am sure all had different reasons for picking the wing.

I certainly do appreciate your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Just think how it will look with the conversion added to it, on ya! :cool:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

It's not the horse, it's the ride that counts....

and it's not the rider, it's the rider's heart that counts....

go... go now. We have no guarantee of tomorrow.....

go on a $1700 1100 Wing, or go on a Yamaha 125 if necessary, but go.....go.......go......

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges--
"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

There you go again CJ, showing those most beautiful pictures. It does my heart so well to see them, I can put myself right there.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

Don't bad mouth another man's ride, at least he is riding.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Let's see... with the Vision you get an old fashioned, vibrating, V Twin, with the 'Wing you get an inherently balanced smooth as silk six cylinder engine, with the Vision you get belt drive, with the 'Wing you have an enclosed shaft drive. The Vision is basically a tarted up Harley Davidson that's only manufactured due to excellent marketing and follow the herd instincts of it's buyers. The Goldwing is a modern machine that's poorly marketed but has been produced for thirty three years of refinement due to individuals who appreciate it's design, efficiency, and superiority as a touring motorcycle. Gee, I'd have to think about that a bit...

I will admit the 1800's headlights are ugly but they at least have great efficacy, whereas the Vision is undoubtedly ugly overall. Of course this is only my opinion but the thing looks like Walt Disney's idea of a bike for Futurama Land.

If one desires a touring bike about the only serious competition I can see for the Goldwing is the BMW K1200LT.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
My prime reason for looking at the vision is purely because I like the looks of it. I am, as my tag line says, an F6 nut. And why would I not ask an eclectic groups of folks whom I am sure all had different reasons for picking the wing.

I certainly do appreciate your thoughts.
Seriously... you will find the one that fits your wants and needs the best. And after all.... isn't that why we ride?:cool::cool::cool:

I'm still lookin up "fugly" in my dissionairy... perhaps its spelled with a ph???:cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.