Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well i finaly got the old honda started today. it was a series of issues but i have most of them resolved. it starts if i choke it first even when warm. it wont stay idling unless i keep the throttle up on it. the battery is shot i know that. i would think though that once its running there should be enough voltage to keep it running. ?? maybe. the idle problem i am thinking that since it hasn't run for so long it just needs run for a while. here's another question. i have no idea what modle this is. it looks like a cross between a dirt bike and street bike. is it possible to somehow lower this thing as it sets pretty high. i was thinking of redoing the seet for one . i have not bought this bike yet. i wanted to make sure it runs and that i could lower it the guy wants $600 for it not sure its worth that though

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

About the idling problem, the bad battery can possibly cause that.When the battery isbad it will "suck" a lot of power from the alternatorso at low RPM the alternator just can't make enough power for everythingand you lose the spark. I had the sameproblem on my JAWA 350 and changing the battery resolved it.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

that was kind of my thought too. the bike as best as i can figure out is a 1971 honda scrambler 350. i did get it running, it just wont idle. i did take it for a ride. very interesting after riding a goldwing for 5 years. i've been told its not worth more than $300. so we'll see what tee guy wants to do. as usual thanks to all for your help. i'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

sorry i'm computer illiterate, i don't know how to post it. but its a honda 350 scrambler as far as i can figure by the serial number. ( a lot of googling )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.