Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello all,I need some help with my starting problem on my GL1200--1985A.Just rebuilt

carbs.I knew I might have a weak battery,but after installing carbs connecting all lines & Ect.Pushed the starter button,engine spins over 8-10 times and,yes battery dead.All it would do was click the starter solonoid.Replaced solonoid with one from my brother's 1984 GL1200 and his new battery.Still have the same problem.Solonoid

just clicks engine won't turn over.Have cleaned battery cable rechecked to be sure they were tight.Anybody have any ideas.Could it be the starter and if so can it be removed without removing the engine?Thanks for any help.James

·
Administrator
27,770 Posts
imported post

It probably is the starter. Check for voltage at the starter terminal and if you have at least 10 V. go ahead and pull it out. Yes it comes out without removing the engine. I haven't removed a 1200 starter so I don't know what else has to come off, exhaust header maybe.
Question for you. How does a newby with 47 posts get 3 1/2 barrels of mana when senior members with thousands of posts have 1 or 2? I can't even give anyone mana and have it show up.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I don't even know what Mana is.Maybe it has something to do with contributions to the forum.I have donated several times.Thanks for responding to my starter question so quickly.I never have had the starter off,so I don't know where to begin.Maybe someone will come along in a few minutes and help me out.Thanks for your help,DaveO430

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,499 Posts
imported post

Mana? did I hear something about brown bags? ummm, I smell Wexy in the middle of this
:leprechaun: :cheeky1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.