Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have read many posts and was told by a few people to get rid of a rattle in the engine I can tighten stator bolt. Do I have to pull the cover to get to it? How do I tighten it?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

The 1200 is different than the 1100 in that it is the alternator rotor nut that can sometimes come loose as opposed to a bolt on the 1100. If the nut is loose you will have to remove the engine and the rear cover in order to tighten it . I have found that in most cases if the mentioned nut has been loose and making a rattle sound it is just flopping around on the shaft and the threads are worn away and the nut will have to be replaced. In Canada that nut is no longer available through Honda( dont know about the US) I had to have some fabricated by a machine shop . You can check to see if the nut is loose by removing the cap on the rear case, fish in there with a piece of mechanic's wire and see if it is loose. A small mirror will also be helpful. If it is loose dont drive it until it is fixed .....with the nut loose or off, the rotor will eventually work its way off of the shaft hitting and possibly destroying the stator On the other hand you might be lucky and that is not the noise at all..........GM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.