Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is there a place to get the stator cover gasket at a good price or do I have to be held up by my the local dealer? I have the stator but forgot to order a gasket. Where I got the stator does not carry gasket. Servicehonda.com says 2 weeks. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks Randy

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

With shipping and handling from bike bandit I think the gasket was cheaper from the local honda dealer if the price he gave me was correct. I believe he said around $20.00. Now how close is around $20.00 to actually $20.00? Only the dealer knows for sure.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

hockeydad33 wrote:
Now how close is around $20.00 to actually $20.00? Only the dealer knows for sure.
$19,99

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Randy

I checked my local dealer and they were quite a bit higher across the board.

if you are only ordering 1 item then the $6.00 shipping will put you up there with the dealer price, only you don't have to wait 2+ weeks to get it.

:clapper::jumper::goofygrin:

Keith

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Better off ordering a couple of these gaskets anyway. Never know when you will need them and the shipping cost will be split over the two.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I have the rear engine cover gasket covered. Renegade was kind enough to get one coming my way rather inexpensively. Hope to have it Wed. or so and have the Wing ready to go by next weekend. The wife called to check on it since she is out in Vt. with her sister. Wanted to know if it was ready to ride because she wanted to go for a ride with me when she got home. She was very disappointed when I told her it wouldn't be ready for another week. Nice to haveyour significant otherenjoy riding also. Maybe now is the time to suggest getting another Wing as a back-up in case one of the goes on the fritz. A 1500 would be nice, if I could afford it, but I can't.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah I'd like to have a second bike for a spare too. Probably have to be two of the same model, that way you could swap parts and not have to wait for an order to show up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.