Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Alaskan Explorer on a Valk
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I ride my 1100 with the heated jacket and gloves, and other electric items.
What happens if there is not enough stator output? I know the battery gets drawn down but does the bike quit running?

·
Administrator
25,013 Posts
I am wondering if I ride my 1100 with the heated jacket and gloves, and other electric items.
What happens if there is not enough stator output? I know the battery gets drawn down but does the bike quit running?
If it draws it down enough it will quit, not sure but probably below 9 or 10 volts.

·
It aint rocket science
3,820 Posts
What happens if there is not enough stator output?
Your electrical system voltage goes way down.

I know the battery gets drawn down but does the bike quit running?
It can if a too large electrical load is constant. You also run the risk of a chronically undercharged battery which will affect starting ability and battery life.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,191 Posts
If you like cruising at low RPM's then I think it would.

I wouldn't think just the gloves would be a problem, but a jacket, probably/maybe.

Why don't you try it out in the driveway, RPM's don't lie when it comes to alternator output, in neutral or in gear.

Volt meters are easy these days, Battery Tender makes a great digital plug in, cheap.

And if it's just borderline, drive around in a lower gear than you normally would.

Who the hell wants to go real fast in the cold anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.