Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

How long does it take to pull engine and replace stator, I can get a stator for $129 on EBAAy:X

How Long for the Poor Boy replacement to do, He wants about 260$ and than I have to get a alternator:gunhead:

Does anyone want a great 70K 1200GL Aspen tha everything works but the stator (the side plug melted) CHEAP. I justgot the Beemer back from the shop after 65K (2006) and have decided tha the GL is not ME.:action:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

id say for me personally 1st time around it was quicker to change the stator but I had real bad luck with a 129 stator.I changed the stator, it fried along with the regulator after just a few milesand then ended upbuilding and installing a poor boy on it all in the same week. After the 1st poorboy the second one would be easier and take about the same time as pulling the engineand thats what I would do if I have to do it again. You might be better to unload it as is and let them decide. JB

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i'm sure there will be interest if price is right and bike looks good. post in fs/w forum if you haven't already. worth more if it's fixed. so how much???

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

saw your post that u have finally decided to sell the GW.

what are you asking for it?

could be insterested i realize the stator is shot just got done a poorboy on my 87
and took it for a 3000+ mile test

might consider riding up to see it could you send me some pics to my email

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.