Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I remember a post about bypassing the connection from the stator wires to the battery and hard wiring them. What is the advantage of doing that? If someone has a link to that original post, with the how-to, I'd be grateful.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Just cut as close to the connector as possible and solder them together..order doesn't matter..use shrink wrap to seal them up. The connector is right next to the battery case forward It's the one with the 3 yellow wires..note if it's not discolored and the wires look good it's doing Ok..

If you need tips on soldering that's another issue. But there was a thread on how to do it right here too!!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

SO, that's solder each wire one to one? No particular order?

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
SO, that's solder each wire one to one? No particular order?
that is correct, that plug is the weakest link in the charging system, other areas to check are around the reg/rec and the plug on top of the starter solenoid, are you havingproblems with the charging system?

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

No problems. I'm getting 15+ volts to the battery @ 1600 RPM's but I would like to be preventive since I've heard and read so much about those 3 yellow wires.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

15+ volts @1600rpm, :? its seems a little more than usual at a low rpm, i would have expected 14.2v @3000 rpm, is the meter that youre checking it with ok, and is your battery getting warm, are you topping you battery up more than usual

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

This was right a fresh charge on the battery. I'll check my meter but it was working OK the other day.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

check the battery in the meter aswell, i have a meter,when the battery is running down, it reads more volts than usual, i dont use it any more,it gave me a fright when i saw it at20v, so i used a more reliable meter,

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

What could be the issue with there being that much voltage to the battery @ low RPM's? I'll swap the battery in the meter. It's a new meter but the battery was in it when I bought it, so it could be a faulty battery.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

you should be looking at 14.2v @3000rpm, i'm not say there is anything wrong with your system, but it unusual to see it at 15+v @ 1600rpm, which suggests to me you reg/rec might be putting a little to much out, check the battery at 3000rpm, and see if the 15v+ goes higher at a higher rpm, i think one of the guru's can give you a better answer than myself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.