Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some sage wisdom from any Goldwing shamans out there. I have pulled the motor replaced the stator and am ready to remount the motor. The bike is new to me and the previous owner had eliminated the 3 prong connector. Question is does it matter how the 3 yellow wires from the harness connect to the new stator wires, meaning does each stator wire bolong to a specific yellow wire from the harness. I am doing a direct wiring as well(no connector).

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Hook number 1 yellow to number 1 yellow, then number 2 to number 2, then number 3 to number 3 ... in that precise order.

·
Administrator
26,535 Posts
If it made a difference they would have used different colors.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hook number 1 yellow to number 1 yellow, then number 2 to number 2, then number 3 to number 3 ... in that precise order.
Are you just tooling with me? There is no #1,2,3 the connector is long gone (previous owner) No numbers on the new stator or the harness.

·
Administrator
26,535 Posts
Or you could have said 1 to 3, 2 to 1, 3 to 2, A to B, B to C, C to A or a combination of numbers & letters, would all work.

Reactions: CrystalPistol

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Yeah, I was foolin' …. any order for those three is OK, it's AC anyway. I knew you had the right answer already. I'm sorry.

Dave, I almost said 1 to A, B to C, and 2 to 3.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
yup, it is just 3 phase A/C current.

Makes no difference at all.
just hook them up, solder them down good, and pull the shrink wrap tubing over the joint and seal it tight.
( guess that means the shrink tubing gotta go on first :) )

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Any order is OK. I'd recommend hooking up with Anderson Power Pole connectors. Standard blade connectors are really fond of melting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts