Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can somebody tell me the latest......my stator failed so nedd to replace it.......do I have to remove the engine ... this is my nightmare!!!

Lucio Italy

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

i'm afraid you do- unless you fit a car alternator eg Poorboy conversion style (hidden) or this http://www.dupli-tech.com. There's plenty of info on this fantastic site so just type stator problem (or similsr) into the search field. Someone else has already got a thread going on this page- (200 miles and it's dead).

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

It is not a nightmare, there is plenty of help in the forum to guide you if you wish to remove the engine.
A manual is helpful.
My first engine removal took about 6 hours to get the alternator out and back then it took 2 weeks to get the parts to fix it.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for your advises,but I am a bit worried since I do want to use my bike this coming summer.I have seen a 60 dollars stator -far east made- sold by an UK firm,and honestly I am a bit reluctant to buy it since the work involved removing the engine.
I am aware of the fact that the original Honda spares are costing a mortgage, I have alse seen on the net Chaplin newly made stators for about 150 $, what do you suggest me.Ah while I am there I might be needing the reg/rctifier as well.
Ciao
Lucio

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Again "Tricky" my Aspy is of the same color as yours,also getting crazy to find decals for the left battery cover I bought on E bay ( got it of a different color now trying to match irt.... but I need the decals that divide the lightr blue from the darker.Can you help me with this as well..... also would you buy a second hand stator/rect?Lucio

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

hey steve. Is that 2 on the same bike.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

No, I did mine and, shortly after, my mate's alternator died- so we did his too. Two on one bike soundsgood though- one either side, perfect balance and you could power a small town!!
We used Suzuki Swift alternators from a breaker (it's a small car and I think may be the equivelant of a Geo metro for the uk). We made up our own brackets etc. Had to move the radiator forward about an inch. It didn't need special tools just a welder and grinder etc and some headscratching. The nice thing is that it does away with the regulator too. If you like the original look I'm sure I've just read about someone fitting a Honda GL1100 stator, they don't seem to suffer the GL1200's problems. Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.