Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the local Stealership for an oil filter. They wanted $21.86 plus tax is $25.05. Are they kidding?? I think I paid $12 bucks for my last one which by the way was not a Honda filter. $25 for an oil filter??? Needless to say, I passed.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Honda's suggested retail for the filter is $13.87USD and as the Canadian dollar is higher than the US it should be cheaper here. :lash:

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I get mine from the local autoparts store for $4.99.
Cheaper still if I buy them in advance online/Ebay.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I just buy the cheapest Fram I can find..................:ROFL:

Oh, Lord, forgive me for baitin' the trap...........and you old timers know what I mean!

T.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I just buy the cheapest Fram I can find..................:ROFL:
Yep that's pretty much what I do.

Of course I have a 1200 so they can't hide inferior quality inside a can. I get to see the filter media before it goes in and when it comes out.:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Honda dealer quoted me $90 each for timing belts. I bought em online, Gates brand, for $16 each.

Filters...a WalMart item...<$5
Delo LE...also a WalMart item

Why overspend...that money can go towards gas into the tank and more miles ridden!

·
Administrator
27,933 Posts
An OEM filter from cyclemax is $10us plus shipping of course but if you buy more than just a filter it makes the shipping easier to justify.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
For my 1100 I order them two at a time from NAPA and only pay $11.00. Kind of a fitting price for the bike I think.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
My 1100 and my 2 CB's all use the same filter. I buy in bulk!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Bosch 3323, for both bikes...I have a buddie that works for honda cars, says a civic filter will fit (wholesale $4)...good luck

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
napa all the way, wont touch the fram bait

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Wingercanuck...great tables. Very useful..Went to my Walmart and they only carry Purolator. Dont even carry their own brand. You ever use a Motomaster from Crappy Tire?? Didnt see that on the chart which is all American I imagine.

·
Premium Member
67,767 Posts
Purolator number at Wally World is L14162.. I've used 2 since they dropped the ST 7317.. The Purolator seems to work fine..........

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Thanks Wingercanuck...great tables. Very useful..Went to my Walmart and they only carry Purolator. Dont even carry their own brand. You ever use a Motomaster from Crappy Tire?? Didnt see that on the chart which is all American I imagine.

The way I got it worked out while in Can. Tire by comparing part numbers across lines is that the 1500 uses the same filter as the 2001-2012 Honda Accord, so any MotoMaster for the Accord should work, I would think. But I have been wrong once or twice before................

T.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
The way I got it worked out while in Can. Tire by comparing part numbers across lines is that the 1500 uses the same filter as the 2001-2012 Honda Accord, so any MotoMaster for the Accord should work, I would think. But I have been wrong once or twice before................

T.
I do have some Motomasterhttps://duckduckgo.com/Motomaster tools which I can throw in the garbage when they break but I would not buy anything mission critical like an oil filter labelled Motormaster, no telling who made it, maybe even Fram.:lash:

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I do have some Motomaster tools which I can throw in the garbage when they break but I would not buy anything mission critical like an oil filter labelled Motormaster, no telling who made it, maybe even Fram.:lash:

Now Ken...........you're betraying your prejudices! :ROFL:;)

T.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
:?
Don't anyone back-flush there used oil filters anymore?

Who else but old time farmers would know how to stretch a used oil filter. :2finger:
:action:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.