Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

anyone know the Timken or SKF part numbers for the steering head bearings on a GL1500?

thank you

Robin

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I just get the ones from the stealer.
They work ok.

Here are the part numbers if you want them...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Rudy, thanks, but i am trying for aftermarket items. it is easier to get them from bearing supplier(and quicker too).
plus i can get a discount thru my company.

Robin

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Maybe your supplier can cross reference those numbers:baffled:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Motosickle wrote:
anyone know the Timken or SKF part numbers for the steering head bearings on a GL1500?

thank you

Robin
i guess i wasn't clear on the hows & whys. for many years now, i skip the dealers for bearings and seals. i was hoping someone would have a set laying around to take the manufacture's part number from. then i go the a bearing supply company. this method save me about a 1/3 of the cost from OEM. plus my supplier can generally in 2 working days, not the 1 to 2 weeks from the local Honda boutique
also, if i can have my bearings before tear-down, i can make the race removal & driver tools .sure, i can remove everything and get my own numbers, but i hate waiting when i start a project.
best to all
Robin

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

steering stem bearing—upper tapered roller
91015-425-832
26 47 15 (32005/26 note ID—must be 26mm)

steering stem bearing—lower tapered roller
91016-371-000
30 55 17 (32006JRRS— has integral dust seal)

The top bearing used on many Hondas is a non-standard size. Although it is often marked "32005", it is actually a 32005 (this is an ISO standard bearing number) with a 26mm I.D. rather than the 25mm I.D. you might expect. Needless to say, this means it won't fit onto the steering stem no matter how hard you hit it. <G> Some bearing manufacturers helpfully call this bearing "32005/26", but some do not!

from here http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/BBearings.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.