Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I NEED A STEERING STEM NUT SOCKET. ANY IDEAS OTHER THAN THE ONE FROM HONDA?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Rudy, thats good stuff:cool:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I hope the homemade socket works for you. The locknut on my bike was extremely tight. The socket that I made seemed to fit pretty well, but would not hold well enough to break the nut loose. I finally purchased the socket from Honda (about $40). Even with the proper socket, I had to use a four foot long breaker bar to get the nut loose. I guess not everyone uses a torque wrenchwhen they put things togather.

A word of caution. If you damage the nut too badly with the homemade socket and your nut is really on there tight, you may have problems getting the correct socket to fit tightly. Honda said that a new nut is no longer available.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
I NEED A STEERING STEM NUT SOCKET.  ANY IDEAS OTHER THAN THE ONE FROM HONDA?
if you know a good machinist, you can make one . buy a 1/2" drive deep-well impact socket. find a large size that fits flush with the outside diameter of the nut.
a good machine shop will be able to cut the socket down to match the nut. if anyone has an old nut to supply me. i can make them a socket...(and one for myself):action:

best to all

Robin

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Here is a couple of photos of the genuine Honda one to give you a rough idea of what to aim for:-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.