Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I happento let go (=hands free)my steering on low speed for a while (Speed: from 40 down to 20). the road is very smooth. when speed reached arround 20, the steering vibrates.

does anyone ever experience it? just wondering if it's normal.

thanks a lot!

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, this is a common thing, especially as your tires wear. There's lots of debate about what causes it and whether or not it can be fixed. My 1500 now has new front wheel bearings, steering head bearings and new Progressive fork springs and it does not do this anymore, yet. My current tires have around 7K-8K miles on them. It really is not a big deal when it does happen as I'm sure you have discovered, you simply grab the bars and it stops. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hi John,

thanks for the prompt reply. what a relief!
oh yeah, how do we install map on navigation system, is it electronicaly or using something like memory card?

cheers

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Unless things have changed with the 1800 systems, you have to get the updates from the dealer and they come on a memory card. One of the bummers of the built in GPS.

John

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

get a garmin Zumo or 660 (I think). it's what I use and City navigator is great. Just watch out for dirt roads. At 1 mile streets maybe off road but 2-3 is great. Dealer wants a load of money for nav.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

get a garmin Zumo or 660 (I think). it's what I use and City navigator is great. Just watch out for dirt roads. At 1 mile streets maybe off road but 2-3 is great. Dealer wants a load of money for nav.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.