Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

kinda looks like an adapter kit for a car i wish i knew where he got it im lookin for one for mine

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Have you tried the mounting kits that Advanced Auto or Auto Zone sells to see if one can be adaptable??

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I think it is a type of Cycle Sound that was offered for a Hondaline fairing for a bike with no factory stereo. There was a post about upgrading to a den type stereo a couple of weeks ago from a member. I have a Cycle Sound for a vetter, but looks noting like that.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

all the cd players for a car come with a cage. for a two knob job like wings have you have to cutout the area to fit the cage for the cd player. the cage had tabs on the top and sides that lock it in place and the radio simply slidesand locks in the cage

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Yes, that is the cycle sound system that comes on the GL1200 Interstate. He has replaced the old two knob cassette deck with a DIN CD player. The mount is OEM.

That is what Joe and I are trying to accomplish in the following thread:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/61167.html

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

on my 84 1200 someone put a shaft style radio in looked ok but it was cooked(literally) they removed the old system and used a 2x4 cut it to fit the radio and covered it with vynal looked ok but it was mounted off to the left and the bars would hit it i started to try and put a din radio in but havnt gotten to far i would like to have it centered and not hit the bars as i get further with things ill post and p.m. u

4evermetric - i went to auto zone and wally world looked at the kits and none would work i remember a thread on this sight about using a kit from a chevyearly to mid 80'scant remember the exzact year and model hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.