Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

special thanks to 1984 GL1200A for getting this ball rolling on this

Date: October 15 & 16 (the Mattsons will be there starting Friday evening)

Place: Joplin, Missouri, KOA exit #4 off I44 www.koa.com (there are plenty of Hotels in Joplin off exit #8b for those wishing not to camp). the Koa does have kamping kabins as well. KOA phone # 1-800-562-5675 or 417-623-2246

Joplin is on the edge of the ozarks leading to lot of great rides. The Springfield Bass Pro Shop (the mother store) is close by, as well as other local attractions.

This will be great opportunity to meet each other and relax.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Would love to come, but I am now committed for my nephew's initiation into the Masons on the 15th.... Might ride down early Sunday morning and then ride back up with the northern contingent. Let's see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I would like to know who is planning on attending. Please post if you are planning on attending.

Also, there is a possibility of me being able to get some t-shirts made up for the event. Cost per shirt would be less than $10.00 each. If you are going to attend and would be interested in a shirt, please let me know. If there is enough interest, I will get more details and post them next week.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I plan on arriving around noon on Saturday.

John

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Ok its on the calendar I will see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

:cooler:Joplin is just 30 miles from where I live - harldly a long enough ride to get the motor warmed up. There is some fantastic riding in the area (one of my favorites is Joplin to Rogers, Ark. then US 62 to Eureka Springs. Gotta love those signs that state "Crooked and Steep - Next 6 Miles)

:whinger:I can't be there. I'll be in Denton, Texas for the Mid South MILE - a motorcycle rights conference. Kind of hard to get out of attending, as I am on the organizing committee, and a presenter at one of the seminars. Wouldn't want to miss it anyway- Theo Beeldens from the Motorcycle Action Group comes over from Belgium every year to give us the scoop on what is going on in Europe. He and Ihave a tradition of trying to top each other in giving gag gifts. Last yearat the banquet I presented tohim a "Candom", a cover for a pop or beer can that looks like a condom, and told him it was a size "small" for guys in the States. It'll be interesting to see what Theo comes up with. Won't get out of Texas until about 1:00, and it is a 5 or 6 hour ride back. Doubt if anyone will still be around.

Ride some curves for me, wish I could attend. Would be great to meet some of the great people on this board and swap some lies,uh, tales.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

is there any truth to the rumor that 1984GL1200A is bring a set of deer alerts to be given to the person who travels the furthest?:madeyes:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wish I could make it, I might be in with a chance for the deer alerts!! Maybe I might make the 1st anniversary meeting.:clapper::clapper::clapper::baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I don't even have deer alerts on my own bike... I guess I had better run out and buy myself a set..... Wait, maybe I will be the winner of the deer alerts. Haven't heard anyone say the they are comingfrom very far away. Wichita just might be the furthest. Mapquest says that the trip is 289 miles.

Of course it takes you from Wichita down to OKCup through Tulsa andinto Joplin. :baffled:

Let's see, do I want blackdeer alertsor chome deer alerts.......

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
is there any truth to the rumor that 1984GL1200A is bring a set of deer alerts to be given to the person who travels the furthest?:madeyes:
BOY, I wish I could be there. I would drive from Charlotte to get them but I can't. I heard the same rumor. :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

I'd love to ride that area again, but I'm going to have to wait for Honda to come up with a conversion kit for this time of year. Guess you would call it a Honda-doo.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

It's looking better and better for me winning the Deer Alerts :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

I have yet to see anyone post that they are coming from very far away....

I'm sure gald that 1984GL1200A is giving the Deer Alerts......... :goofygrin::grinner:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

It's a fix!! you just made sure that the meeting place was away from your home, well watch out next year, I am sure I will win them :clapper::clapper::clapper::)

Pete

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

If they finish the tunnel under the Pacific in time I will be there. Do the deer alerts work for Possums?.

Regards to all.

John

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

We are 10 days away from the meet and I only see 3members that are committed to coming.

We have 3 positives: rcmatt007:clapper:, johnmac:clapper:, 1984GL1200A:clapper:

and 2 maybes: Brojees:baffled:, travelinmays:baffled:

Come on......let's hear from you. This is going to be a really great time to meet and ride. The Ozarks are beautiful this time of year. The trees are starting to turn and the roads down there are twisty and hilly and just plain beautiful.

Remember, there is a prize of a set of DEER ALERTS for the member that travels the furthest to get to the meet.

These are not just any ordinary Deer Alerts, these are HIGH QUALITY CHROMEWal-Mart Deer Alerts!!!! :realshocked: :realshocked: :realshocked: :realshocked:

Be there or be SQUARE!!!! :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A, I am thinking about coming if nothing bends, or breaks, and mother nature does right. We got wet coming home from the Kansas GWRRA Rally 11 days ago in the dark of the night pulling a heavy loaded Kwik Kamp,whewwwwwww:shock: .....Gary

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

I would love to come and even looked up a couple of routes (I-80 vs. I-70) and looking at it means that I would need to take more time off from work than I have on account. Sorry guys, Rodent and I just can't make it this go around.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A, If it don't change, the extended forecast the weather is going to be GREAT ...Gary

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.