Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone ever had a Steve Saunders website get together here in the US? A time for members tocome together, meet, ride have dinner...............................

If so, where and when is it?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Well there seems to have been a few meets arranged using the Steve Saunders forum, so that has to be a good thing. I don't think the man himself gets involved in the red tape, he just provides the site and lets us get on with it ourselves.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I guess another question that I would have is, would there be anyone interested in having a get-together for forum members?

I live in Kansas, right smack-dab in the middle of the U.S. and think it would be a good place to meet so that it is equal distance for friends to the North, South, East and West to travel.

I guess I need to see how many would be interested in attending if this was to become an event?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

There must be enough IT buffs in the forum,who can arrange a video conference type set up, in say a pub in each country at the same time.

Well just a thought chaps.

I know both of us on the Isle of Woman are up for it.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
Has anyone ever had a Steve Saunders website get together here in the US? A time for members tocome together, meet, ride have dinner...............................

Ok i propose that the next get together be held on the Aran Islands, West Coast of Ireland. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
1984GL1200A wrote:

Ok i propose that the next get together be held on the Aran Islands, West Coast of Ireland. :clapper:

So that means you will pay to fly us over there right:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Middle of the country sounds REAL good to me!!:waving:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Depending on when, where, the price of gas, the cost of eggs, and the alignment of the stars, I would attend...

L8r

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
I guess another question that I would have is, would there be anyone interested in having a get-together for forum members?

I live in Kansas, right smack-dab in the middle of the U.S. and think it would be a good place to meet so that it is equal distance for friends to the North, South, East and West to travel.

I guess I need to see how many would be interested in attending if this was to become an event?
depends, are there any good BBQ joints around there?:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

There are a couple of really good ones in town. I am friends with a guy that runs one of them. I am sure that if we were to do a meet here in town, he would cater for us.

I would just have to have a head count andlet him know in advance so he could be there.I know of a really nice park that we could have the event at.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I can almost see it now:

[align=center]The 1st Annual Steve Saunders Midwest Goldwing Rally.[/align]
[align=center][/align]

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
imported post

you know, I belong to another forum and we have socials so that people can meet and put a face to a screen name. of course this forum is more local so it's easier to meet up. would be fun if work permitted to meet some people, have a few, eat some BBQ pork.........;)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
Depending on when, where, the price of gas, the cost of eggs, and the alignment of the stars, I would attend...

L8r

Looks like its the Isle of Woman then, we have the highest gas and egg prices, we have loads of stars live on the Island. And we are close to Mr Saunders Island. Only 2 tanks full of petrol for Redwing on his Honda 50.

Looks like Just the date to agree on.

PS for the BBQ, we have the best home grown beef in the world.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Gambler wrote:
eat some BBQ pork.........;)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pulled Pork, Smoked Brisket, Hot Links, Ribs......... And of course panckaes & rabbit. :goofygrin:

Damn I'm gettin' hungry!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
Gambler wrote:
eat some BBQ pork.........;)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pulled Pork, Smoked Brisket, Hot Links, Ribs......... And of course panckaes & rabbit. :goofygrin:

Damn I'm gettin' hungry!!!!

I'll bring some haggis!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
imported post

Could we plan it close to (time and location) another major event, such as Americade in New York State?

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

That would be nice Roy as I have never been to NY. I have always wanted to see it. My idea though was to have something that is "centrally located". New York is nice but that would mean short rides for easternmembers and extremely long (most likely impossible) rides for western members. With something centrally located, from north to south and east coast to west coast, it would mean equal ride distances.

I see several rides / rallies on the eastern caost and the western coast but never see anything in the central part. There is no way that I could attand a meet on either coast. Now, it it was in Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas.... (basically the central states) I would more than likely attend. I am thinking of something that would be most convenient for the most amount of members. That is why I would like to keep it a central location.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I'll bring some haggis!
I didn't know what this was so I looked it up. Very interesting!

I'd give it a try. I'll try anything once, twice if it like it!!!

Ok, let the harassment begin!!!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Hey No way ! ! ! but i could ask my neighbour to fly you guys over. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Redwing wrote:
DigbyODell wrote:
Hey No way ! ! ! but i could ask my neighbour to fly you guys over. :clapper:

We'd need a large transport plane so we could bring our beloved Wings along:clapper:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.