Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

That's a new record with the omg 1000 sticks! A stick bomb is a mechanical spring-loaded device constructed out of flat sticks woven together under tension. Other names for stick bombs include Chinese stick puzzles, and frame bombs.

Stick bombs can be constructed out of most flat sticks of the appropriate dimensions. The usual material for construction is wood, but plastic can also be used. Ice pop sticks (craft sticks) and tongue depressors are popular because of availability, low cost, and because they are easily coloured. Tongue depressor sticks are strongly recommended for construction as they have lower tension than craft sticks and thus are easier to work with.
The sticks are woven together to form a reticulated grid with each stick held in place by tension created by the elasticity of wood or other material. If constructed properly, the removal of a single stick causes the other sticks to fly apart with surprising force. The speed of the shock wave depends on the materials used. If craft sticks are used, the detonation speed is approximately 30–40 meters per second (67–90 miles per hour); for tongue depressors, the speed is under 10 meters per second (22 miles per hour).

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/hzrwG0dNhDE&feature=player_embedded&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

johnthebavarian wrote:
Yeah, I'll say...I've seen all kinds of dominoes stuff over the years, but never one of those stick bomb things.I wouldn't have any idea how to put something like that together without it tripping time after time...like my mouse traps do...:cool: :applause: :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Excellent! Wouldn't like to be the one picking all that up, though.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

FenderHead wrote:
johnthebavarian wrote:
Yeah, I'll say...I've seen all kinds of dominoes stuff over the years, but never one of those stick bomb things.I wouldn't have any idea how to put something like that together extreme blue headlights it tripping time after time...like my mouse traps do...:cool: :applause: :cheeky1::cheeky1:
Yeah pretty unique. I've seen all those dominos stuff, so it's nice to see something more original.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

Wow, that is very cool. That has a lot of energy too, did you see how it reared up like a snake? The end that was coming apart as always a foot off the ground.
I'm going to have to get me some popsicle sticks and try it.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

That was very cool...:claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

googling how to make one of those now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.