Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On my 84 Aspy, I peeled the sticker off of the dummy tank right underneath the Aspencade badge. I think it said something about "Always Wear A Helmet", blah blah.

What can I use to remove the glue left behind??

thanks

Speedbird

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ok, thanks ill try thr gooper. I tried the wd earlier this morning and it didnt work. I had used it last year to remove the stickers from my car and the wd worked great, but this time it wasnt working.

Speedbird

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Check your local stores, there are several sticker cleaning products.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

The next time you have one to remove, try this. The adhesive in most stickers is somewhat heat sensitive. Using a hair blow dryer, heat the sticker in one corner, gently get the corner lifted, and heat the surface just where the sticker should be lifting. If the sticker tries to tear, stop and heat it a bit more. Try to get the sticker to remove in one piece, if possible. Most of the adhisive will stay on the sticker. I have had this trick work good quite a few times.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

A light rub with the end of a rag dipped in gas will remove the glue in seconds. Just a ligt rub will do , no need to soak the panel in gas.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

Baby Oil, mineral oil, clear nice smelling Johnston and Johnston Baby Butt oil or equivalent. Soak it and rub gently, then apply again. Rub it like you love it, not too hard, as it comes off add more baby oil. Once off use a quik spray of brake cleaner from CTC, a quick spray then wipe gently with a soft clean cotton cloth, diaper.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Every major store sells "Goop" , small bottle $5 !:clapper:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.