Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a problem with my "mute" and "emergency" buttons in that when I depress them...they stay in and I have a dickens of a time getting them back out as they seem to stick. I assume this is from lack of use and being "mechanically challenged" I thought I had best ask those that have gone before. I don't want to damage them but would like to have the use of them...any suggestions...thanks...:watching::watching:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

A lot of those switches are self cleaning so by pushing them on & off they will start working better. Other option is to sprat with some electrical contact cleaner & see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Andy...thanks...not knowing what is inside I was dubious about spraying anything in there, would you suggest graphite or liquid spray.....:stumped:

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

lots of threads on this in the forum. suggest opening up the housing(s) then spray the cleaner directly into the switch mechanics. on many of the switches the part you need to get the cleaner into is NOT near the button itself.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

walnut wrote:
Andy...thanks...not knowing what is inside I was dubious about spraying anything in there, would you suggest graphite or liquid spray.....:stumped:
Not graphite as it's a conductor and can short out the switches.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

jfairman wrote:
...suggest opening up the housing(s) then spray the cleaner directly into the switch mechanics. on many of the switches the part you need to get the cleaner into is NOT near the button itself.
> Ditto that, Opening the switch housing is easy (just 2 screws) and nothing will fall apart from that act... You'll also be able to get a direct blast of electronics cleaner on the guts of the switch.

> The problem is that the switches come packed with grease that dries out after a few years... Your mission is the Flush out that grease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.