Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I finally got to take it for a spin. Works great! I do, however, seem to have a problem with the seat. The surface seems to be sweating some sort of sticky substance that will actually transfers to the fabric of whatever you are wearing at the time (ruined a set of rain gear). Has anyone run into this before or is it unique to my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Try some vynil cleaner and rub gently to remove what appears to be adhesive.. Someone may have used duct tape or some equivilent to stiffen the seat in the past.. I've used turpentine paint thinner for very stubborn adhesives, but you must be extremely careful with it.. If you notice any of the seat color coming off on the rag (use a white one), stop immediately. Vynil deteriorates in UV light (the sun etc.) and this may also be what you are experiencing. Be extremely careful with the vynil seat cover, no matter what you use to remove the adhesive.. The seats are expensive to replace..

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Th every lighest wipe with a petrol rag will do as well. Dont soak the rag or it will end up melting the saddle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.