Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guys,

I haven't posted here for a while,so I thought I may give a little update. Me and the wife have been riding the wheels off the V Star 1300 I bought,getting plenty of needed practice. I still want me a new Wing tho. I would like to thank everyone for the much needed advise about starting out on a smaller bike again. The Wing would have been to much after a 25 year layoff. My plan is to ride the 1300 until spring,and then buy the Wing. Don't beat me up to much, but I did go look at a 2012 Ultra Glide Classic Limited last week with a friend. It is a nice bike, but I don't think it is for me,i hear of to many problems with them and the wife likes the Wing better also, I do too. The Wing is such a big bike I am still a little intimidated by it. I haven't had any problems riding the1300 two up, it handles well and we have enjoyed it alot. We went to Gatlinburg for the 4th of July and spent a week, man was it crowded.It took about an hour to thru town in the stop and go traffic,but it was good practice! HA! I plan on going next week just to kick a few tires and drool over the Wing. Spring cant get here soon enough!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Go ahead and get the Wing now. They should be cheaper now than next Spring. If you can ride the 1300 you can ride the New Wing!

Dubs

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

Yep, you wait until spring weather sets in, and your wallet will pay the tariff for that mistake.

·
Administrator
26,576 Posts
imported post

You will probably be amazed at how easy the wing is to ride. They have a low center of gravity so it's easier than it looks.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

I agree you will be amazed by how the wing is to ride 2 up and also about buying it sooner than the spring I bought mine in febuary of 09 got an 08 leftover 21800 was sticker out the door 16800 they dont sell bikes in feb so they will do most anything to make a sale

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

If you can ride a V-Star 1300, you can ride a Wing. Back when the earth was cooling, my redhead and I went from a 1987 Magna cruiser to 1981 Goldwing 1100 Interstate.

We intended to do just one trip on the Wing, down to Texas from Washington State and back.... I fully expected to not like the "Old Man's bike," because it would be "too cumbersome and awkward......" Within a half day, I realized that I didn't have a clue of what I was talking about...we went and put 160K on that thing! One of the best riding bikes ever.....

If the Wing "itches" you, go ahead and scratch. You'll never lose money on a used one, and you could even keep your V-Star for awhile until you're sure you made the right choice. And, as everyone has said, you're gonna get a better deal in the fall than in the spring, and it gives you the winter to go through the bike....

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I have found a 2012,level 2 with ABS.asking price $23,800
Thats the best price I have seen so far. Has anyone heard of anything better? I would like to buy sooner, may not be possible, just bought my daughter a new car for graduation, and x/mas is on the way. Just have to play it by ear!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.