Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I decided to take the starter out and check a couple things, I also took out the gear the rides in the chain. Everything seemed fine so I put attempted to put it all back in, that was about 3 hours ago. In looking at everything tryong to figure why it wasn't going in I noticed something. If I look through the hole in the gear where the spline slip in I can see that it isn't properly ligned up with the two half moon supports behind the gear. The gear seems a little high as one of the half moon supports is visible at the top but below tha hole in the bottom.

Now should the gear be equally alligned with these supports or no? Now when the gear is riding in the chain I can turn the gear and the chain and there is no sound of a stuck or binding link, or a sound that would indicate the chain has slipped off of something. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

OK, I found the problem, the gear that came with the stgarter is just a little wider that one that was originally on the bike as a result the chin was spread and that causing the misalignment. Funny, never thought of it until I posted the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

richad---do you have the bike on the side stand ? if not try putting it in with the bike there. it seems that some times the gear to spline line up just isnt there. also--when you put the drive gear back into the chain ---did you put it in with the shouldered end toward the front of the bike. also its almost--almost unlikley that the chain has come off any thing. there is a guide retainer thats under the magnets .keeps everything as it should be. best of luck with it .

oops--too late .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.