Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I started up my 96 GL1500 SE the other day and discovered the back of the muffler blew out leaving a hole about the size of your thumbnail. Sad that it only has 54K on the originals and they’re shot already, but then again, I’m sure it’s the age not the miles. Anyway, I called two different dealers to get a price on original Honda parts. Not going to happen! The two mufflers cost more then my mortgage payment for crying out loud! So my only choice is to go aftermarket. I’ve been looking at the TorqMaster Daytona simply due to the ability of adding extra fiberglass baffling to keep it reasonably quiet. I know some of you must have TorqMaster’s on your bikes and was wondering how they are holding up? Is there another brand I should be checking out? I’d ratherNOT go with Harley mufflers.

Dane :15magenta:

·
Administrator
26,200 Posts
imported post

Try searching for trike conversion take offs. Might find a good set cheap.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Not a bad idea! Thanks Dave! I would still like to hear from those that went aftermarket. Just incase I end up going that way.

Dane:15magenta:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I have torquemasters, and have no complaints they work well and are not loud.

You could for sure find some used original equipment on Ebay though for sure.

There are a number of members here that have used HD pipes, I think just some welding needs to be done to hang them. :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.